www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew B-King owner from IA, USA EmptyNew B-King owner from IA, USA

more_horiz
Hey all, figured I'd give a short introduction.

Picked up an 08 Bking a few weks ago. From the USA so 08 is the only year we got them.

Bike has been wrecked but damage isn't too bad. Right signal lens is broken but still works fine. Right rear side plastic has some scraping. Otherwise not too much wrong. Runs and rides great. 3600 miles on it at the time I bought it. Got it for $4,000.

Tires are cupped from sitting. So I'm considering picking some up for it.

I put a new battery in it because it wasnt holding a charge.

It's weird now. I put the new battery in. Started right up. I rode it 10 minutes to pick up the girl I'm dating, and it wouldnt start at her house. We rode it back to my house to get her one of my extra helmets. Turned it off. Started right back up. Rode back to her house. Turned it off. Wouldn't start. Had to jump it again. Started again for the rest of the night though a couple times it was slow.

Stator? Rectifier? Anyone have an idea or two?

Otherwise I really enjoy the bike.
I also have an 06 DRZ400SM.

I've had a lot of past bikes, 4 or 5 drz400's, a zx10r, an r6, a katana 750, a zx6r, a vfr800, a honda shadow, a couple zzr600s, and two ruckuses.
B-king is definitely one of my more unique bikes I've had.

New B-King owner from IA, USA 12991039_10207860412321962_4802549158252679966_n

descriptionNew B-King owner from IA, USA EmptyRe: New B-King owner from IA, USA

more_horiz
There's a rectifier recall, do a search for details

rlyslow wrote:

Picked up an 08 Bking a few weks ago. From the USA so 08 is the only year we got them.

Bike has been wrecked but damage isn't too bad. Right signal lens is broken but still works fine. Right rear side plastic has some scraping. Otherwise not too much wrong. Runs and rides great. 3600 miles on it at the time I bought it. Got it for $4,000.

It's weird now. I put the new battery in. Started right up. I rode it 10 minutes to pick up the girl I'm dating, and it wouldnt start at her house. We rode it back to my house to get her one of my extra helmets. Turned it off. Started right back up. Rode back to her house. Turned it off. Wouldn't start. Had to jump it again. Started again for the rest of the night though a couple times it was slow.

I've had a lot of past bikes, 4 or 5 drz400's, a zx10r, an r6, a katana 750, a zx6r, a vfr800, a honda shadow, a couple zzr600s, and two ruckuses.

more_horiz
doxbike wrote:
There's a rectifier recall, do a search for details

rlyslow wrote:

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it.

I rode it the 30 minutes to work today all highway. I get an hour lunch. Started fine, rode in country for 45 minutes then stopped at a store to grab a drink. Come back out wouldn't start so I had to pop start it.

Definitely hoping it'll be covered under the rectifier recall!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply