www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionIgnition coils.  EmptyIgnition coils.

more_horiz
Ignition coils.  Cec09610
Hi 👋

I’m a new member on here and a new B King owner. Are UK 🇬🇧 model B kings restricted in the first three gears? When I give her a handful she pulls hard up to 6k revs then starts to splutter then I change gear ⚙ and all is well. Or could this be something more sinister such as an ignition coil issue.

Thanks for now

Andy

descriptionIgnition coils.  EmptyRe: Ignition coils.

more_horiz
AndyEagle wrote:

Hi 👋

I’m a new member on here and a new B King owner. Are UK 🇬🇧 model B kings restricted in the first three gears? When I give her a handful she pulls hard up to 6k revs then starts to splutter then I change gear ⚙ and all is well. Or could this be something more sinister such as an ignition coil issue.

Thanks for now

Andy

more_horiz
The B-King, like the Hayabusa, has two fuel injectors per cylinder. The secondary injectors don't work as often as the primary ones do. They start to come in around 4500 rpm or so, depending on how much throttle you're giving it. The moral of the story being the secondary injectors get plugged up a lot easier than the primary ones do,. Perhaps the person you bought the bike from rode it rather sedately, and never used the secondary injectors. And thus they are plugged up bad. It requires tearing the bike apart big time to get to them. It would likely be best to have your local Suzuki shop do it.

The coils on these bikes sit tight on the spark plugs. Point being, you have to disassemble the bike to the same degree to get to them as you do the injectors. I highly doubt the coils are bad. I suspect plugged secondary injectors.

BTW, the secondary injectors are responsible for a huge amount of the fuel injected at high rpms and throttle settings. For instance, at 8000 rpms, and 80% throttle, the secondary injectors are providing around 90% of the burned fuel. Thus you can see what would happen if they are plugged up.

Last edited by cbxer55 on Wed 18 Aug 2021 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Your bike looks a lot like mine. I have the polished Yoshimura cans and a custom made, by me, plate mount.
Ignition coils.  01010033
Ignition coils.  01010034

more_horiz
Another, thing to do. Put it in "B" mode and see if you still get that breaking up. I've always suspected, but never known for certain, that in "B" mode, the secondary injectors are turned off. Because the power drops from full power to around 100 hp with that change. Changes it from a ground bound ICBM to a model T.

more_horiz
I have no access to the b-king bin file injector balance map, but on the hayabusa the map is the same in A, B and C modes, both MS0 and MS1.

more_horiz
Good to know. I was just making an assumption, as that would be the easiest way to kill a lot of power. In B Mode, it's SLOW! Kind of reminds me of the "Superbikes" of the late 70s/early 80s. I had two Honda CBXs back in the day. Also a Suzuki Katana and a GS-1150ES.

more_horiz
In B mode, the power is cut by the STP opening map. The maximum value at 100% throttle and 9600 rpm is 33.3%, while in A mode it is 94.5%.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply