www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionGSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse EmptyGSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse

more_horiz
Hi Folks,
I live in Scotland and currently ride a 2007 GSX1400 which has been de-restricted to 154bhp and 104lbft torque. I'm really loving the bike but I've always had a hankering for a bking and am considering taking the plunge.
Are there any pitfalls I need to look out for aside from normal wheelie abuse, recalls, etc?
I would also be looking to change the tail cans for the obvious reasons but am unsure whether that would require me to get a PC IV and dyno set up as well or whether the bking can cope for a while until I find out exactly which intake / exhaust mod's are recomended so I can do them all in one go.
Thanks for your time and any advice would be greatfully received.

Mike

descriptionGSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse EmptyRe: GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse

more_horiz
Mikeulike1100 wrote:
Are there any pitfalls

Going from a 14 to a BK the downsides would be
crappy smaller tank and poor pillion use.

No real faults with the King if it suits you.
Electrical recall should have been done
loose clutch bolts on early models should
have shown up by now.

LOT'S of options for end can's and you shouldnt
need to remap. I've seen them thrown on and still
run a good A/F ratio. If you have a decent tuner in
your area you'll never need a Power Commander
anyway as the standard ignition can be derestricted /
remapped etc to do everything that it can.

Lots of good info on here.
Check out a few threads.

Look forward to seeing your new bike.

Tony.

descriptionGSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse EmptyRe: GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse

more_horiz
hi mikeulike1100... welcome and yes get a ride on a bking i am not being bias used to ride a bandit 12 and have ridden a busa gsx1400 the lot but the bking is superb as tony says a few little things like pillion aint the best but managable...

you will either love it or hate it.... i some times look down at my tank and pods and think OMG fuggin uglyn then looking up wow wow wow wow and i go off smiling.... what a ride what a bike...

i used to frequent GSX1400.org years ago and these guys on here sem more active more pleased to help... we do a twice a year Bking meet in the uk don't sound many but a good start once meeting others you will get to see them again for local rides or just meet ups at shows what ever comes to mind..

I have thought about powering up my king but so far so happy with it's performance... maybe when Honda or Yamaha bring out warp facter ten i may consider all the fancy stuff to power it up... to be honest i have had a few close calls where the bike has performed so quick it has shocked me a bit of a ring piece clencher...

yep go for it... the GSX1400 is a bike and a half the bking is twice a bike and more.
Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi and welcom :wel:

You will definitely miss old 14's gas tank and will get a sore butt on the standard seat but these are nothing because the rest of the B-King compensates the mentioned minuses Razz

The choice of aftermarket cans is great. You will definitely find something that will suit your likings in terms of tone and looks. thumbs up 2 Most of the sets doesnt require PC or remapping to run properly. I got myself a set of TwoBrothers and I was running them for a while before installing the fuel controler.

From the mods that you will look after, beside the cans of course, will be frame sliders/crash protectors and radiator guards. I highly reccomend getting these as they cost incomparably less than the problems that may occur if you postpone buying them Wink

more_horiz
Thanks folks,
I actually came back to motorbikes last year after a 2 year break while building our house. At the time I had a TL1000R but didn't have any time to ride it or anywhere safe to keep it so I let the old girl go. Previous bikes I've had (and in no particular order) were RGV250, 3 x RG500's, Z750GPr1, GPZ1100, 3 x GSXR 1100's (H, M and WR), 2 x GSX1100 EFE's (Streetfightered), 2 x YZF750's and of course my current GSX1400.

The 1400 was bought because my missus told e one day that she missed going for the odd run....no further excuse needed but the deciding factor was the comfy passenger seat.
How many times has she been on it?.....Answer..None!
If it hadn't been for that I was going to get a Busa but hey-ho!....

Anyway, I've loved the 1400 and have taken it to a level where further HP and handling gains are offset by some fairly major and costly modifications. (Big bore or supercharger)
I'm thinking that it's probably better and more respectful to my 1400 to sell her to another loving owner and buy a bike that is already at that next level in standard form.
Spring will see!

Thanks again for the help though and I'll be spending the next few months doing some fairly major research on here and probably asking more than my fair share of stupid questions.

Mike

more_horiz
We look forward to see your new ride soon thumbs up 2

more_horiz
Hello and welcome Mike

You will love everything about the King when you ride it. Your pillion might not!

My best mate has a GSX1400. Could you tell me how you got 154hp?

more_horiz
Welcome Mike - I came from a 1400 just on 12 months back and have only 1 regret - loosing the ability to do longer trips with a pillion. The B-King is definitely NOT a pillion bike. Other than that, it's much more fun!! Twisted Evil

The only way you would get over 150hp on a 1400 is with a decent set of cams and/or a 1550 big bore kit - lots of $$$/work and still short of a stock B-King. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as they are very different bikes. If I could I would own one of each (and both in B&W too)!!

more_horiz
Hi again all,
My 1400 has some quite tasty modifications including:
Pod filters, Full Akra titanium exhaust, PCIII (Including full Dyno remap), TTS Cams, Breather modification, Pairs Blanked, 4 Degree ignition advancer.

The figure of over 154bhp is at the crank.
Rear wheel BHP as measured on the Dyno was 133.8 with 104lbft torque.
All pretty normal for these mods.

I'm really looking forward to trying the B-king and pillion comfort is now way down the line baeing as my missus didn't once bother coming out with me on the 14.
[img]GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse 30226711[/img]

more_horiz
A classic bike. Would be cool to have both 14 and the King in the same garage geek

more_horiz
Had a GSX 1400 for 8yrs , loved that bike , especially the low end torque , up to 3000 rpm , I think the 1400 has more grunt but after that the Bking leaves the GSX for dead , and doesn't hit a brick wall at 8000rpm like the standard GSX does . Love me Bking Smile

more_horiz
i had a 07 1400 before I made the mistake of test riding a king , i traded the same day ...

more_horiz
jobbas wrote:
Had a GSX 1400 for 8yrs , loved that bike , especially the low end torque , up to 3000 rpm , I think the 1400 has more grunt but after that the Bking leaves the GSX for dead , and doesn't hit a brick wall at 8000rpm like the standard GSX does . Love me Bking Smile

Agree. Having one 02' 1400 (140.000km) yes one hundred an forty thousend kilometes (not miles) and a B-King (12.000km) side by side in my garage. I can choose run or walk to suit the mood of the day. The perfect bike? The B-King with bigger tank and a decent pillion seat.

more_horiz
mike, your going from a cart horse to a thoroughbred, the only thing you'll regret is that you did'nt do it sooner.

more_horiz
[quote="uve12"]
jobbas wrote:

The perfect bike?
The B-King with bigger tank and a decent pillion seat.

GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse 804287

A naked/Streetfightered Hayabusa !

What a great idea.... laugh

more_horiz
Joshidiah wrote:
A classic bike. Would be cool to have both 14 and the King in the same garage geek

I've got both Wink

The 1400 ..
GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse Handof10

The B-King
GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse Bking10

Am very surprised at your numbers for a 14.. but then again I only see rear wheel numbers as I've never had the motor on a bench dyno.. just the regular Wink

On getting a B-King .. I'd fully recommend it .. they are every similar up to 5k in power and torque.. then the b-king just clears off..

as has been pointed out the b-king is far more focused.. and not so pillion friendly .. as a one up bike I love it .. for touring its comfy as well .. but .. dont take a pillion or lots of luggage Wink

I've been looking for a bike to offer everything .. and in the end I've ended up with 3 bikes .. the 14.. the B-King and a Yam XV1900 Roadliner S ... each is amazing in its own way.. I ride the BK most though..

Synk

more_horiz
What a Nice looking 1400 sync ( and of course an excellent king )

more_horiz
synk wrote:
Joshidiah wrote:

I've got both Wink

The 1400 ..
GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse Handof10

The B-King
GSX 1400 owner looking for an excuse Bking10

Am very surprised at your numbers for a 14.. but then again I only see rear wheel numbers as I've never had the motor on a bench dyno.. just the regular Wink

On getting a B-King .. I'd fully recommend it .. they are every similar up to 5k in power and torque.. then the b-king just clears off..

as has been pointed out the b-king is far more focused.. and not so pillion friendly .. as a one up bike I love it .. for touring its comfy as well .. but .. dont take a pillion or lots of luggage Wink

I've been looking for a bike to offer everything .. and in the end I've ended up with 3 bikes .. the 14.. the B-King and a Yam XV1900 Roadliner S ... each is amazing in its own way.. I ride the BK most though..

Synk
very nice 1400

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply