www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionThe ones that got away EmptyThe ones that got away

more_horiz
In 1985 the local Harley dealer had a NOS 1983 XR1000 that he couldn't sell because everyone thought it was too weird. Price: $3500. The Suzuki dealer had the same problem with a 1982 Katana 1000 (price:$3000), and a 1983 Katana 1100 (price: $3500). I thought all three of those bikes were awesome but I was fresh out of college with no money, so I had to pass. I'd love to have any of those bikes now.

To me the B-King falls into the same boat. A lot of people don't like it, but it works for me. I finally got one last week and I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that I didn't wait any longer than I did, because I'm already running into the problem of aftermarket parts that have been discontinued.

I think this is bike #25 for me, but it's a keeper. It's a helluva lot nicer ride than my VMax that I sold last year. The VMax was a fun bike, but the BK is better in every way. It's also amazing to me that this can be faster than my old KZ drag bike, yet still handle like a sport bike (for the most part) and be completely civilized (at 1/4 throttle and below Wink ).

descriptionThe ones that got away EmptyRe: The ones that got away

more_horiz
Welcome. Although I am also new to a B King, I feel the exact same way on the scarcity. A few friends don't like the look of it but thats ok, it suits me just fine.

Thank God its still made overseas, so it does still have an aftermarket following. Happy riding!

more_horiz
G'day & welcome from down here The ones that got away 786369

more_horiz
It's rarer than many Ducatis. At non Suzuki dealers I have staff gathering and asking questions. It is the only bike I have owned that get friends who know nothing about bikes asking questions and saying how fast or good it looks.

I reckon Suzuki made a mistake ceasing production.

more_horiz
I think you will find that it was a victim of the global downturn and just didn't sell like they were hoping in the US. Yes, it is a pity, but at least we own one!!

Last edited by Beaker on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 2:39; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
The same thing would happen to Apple if they showed you an iphone 5 today, and then tried to sell it to you 7 years from now Wink

GB The ones that got away 329913

more_horiz
I walked away from a Suzuki XN85 Turbo that my
local dealer tried to sell me about 25 years back.

I look back now and think.... THANK F@#K, it was awful.
Not as bad as the XS750 triple I turned down though.

more_horiz
willeyedoc wrote:

Thank God its still made overseas, so it does still have an aftermarket following.

I think they were made in 07/08 (and left overs sold as 09's)
and another later run for the Blue/white 2010's.

Not seen one thats been made since.

more_horiz
Suzuki were still selling some here inn the UK last year but new ones seem to have all dried up!

more_horiz
I am still certain that this bike will become a classic sort of the way that the old Katana's are now. I only know of one other bike in the state I live in, I have seen one other from Florida riding through with bags on it, but I don't think I have ever seen him on the forum. I take the bike out and it is the most unique thing going. People tend to underestimate the bike because they don't know much about it, but when you ride with a group they quickly learn how fast and agile this muscle bike is.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply