www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionGreetings from Arizona, USA EmptyGreetings from Arizona, USA

more_horiz
Greetings,
My name is Colin, although my closer friends (and most of the internet) know me as Weazel. I just traded a beautiful Honda Valkyrie for an '08 B-King and I've enjoyed what little time I've had with the bike.
I've worked in the motorcycle industry for nearly 20 years and this isn't my first 'Land Missile'. Two years ago I had a '00 Hayabusa for about a month and a ZX14 for about 6 months. My son was in a nasty motorcycle accident two years ago (torn aorta, paralyzed left arm and left side of his diaphragm, etc...) and shortly after that I sold my ZX14, pushing aside my goal of breaking 200 mph for a while. I didn't see myself buying a nitrous kit and taking time off work to go to the Texas Mile anytime in the near future. I, instead, bought a Ural sidecar rig that we could both enjoy.
The bug's biting me again to attempt to break 200 and while I know the B won't hit that mark, I feel it's a trade in the right direction and fun to play with in the mean time. Perhaps later I can find another trade; B-King for Hayabusa or ZX14. Until then I'll try to keep this stupid, accelleration-induced grin from permanently creasing my face... Laughing
My interest in motorcycles is quite diverse. Currently in the stable I have

'08 B-King "Decepticon"
'07 Ural Tourist (Russian Sidecar Rig)
'07 Kawasaki KLR650
'07 Polaris Ranger (Mrs. Weazels' Ride)
'06 Yamaha Bruin Quad (For Weazel Jr)
'03 Kawasaki KLR650 (For Sale)
'01 BMW R1100RTP
'01 Suzuki SV650 (Trackbike)
'00 Suzuki DRZ400 (For Sale, Eventually)
'93 Suzuki Intruder 800 Trike (With Centrifugal Clutch for Weazel Jr)
'83 Kawasaki GPZ750 (For Sale, Eventually)
'78 Truimph Tiger 750
'77 Yamaha TY175 Observed Trials
'72 Harley Davidson SX350 Sprint (In Boxes)
and I think that's it... I tend toward the uncommon in motorcycles. I've had five of the Hinckley Triumphs, Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport, Cagiva Elefant, '74 Harley Davidson Sprint SX350, '71 MZ ES125/G and a few other odd-balls over the last 10 years or so...

When I picked up my B-King it had been lowered (and the belly pan destroyed) and had some nice hard-bags from a Triumph mounted with some really slick custom brackets. I immediately removed the bags and brackets and raised the bike back up to normal height. I'm not sure if I'll keep the bags or sell them off. I have a BMW and a KLR if I need bags.
Anyway, it's nice to be here. I've already learned a lot in the ECE Editing forum.
All the best,
Weazel
Greetings from Arizona, USA 3A48FA2F-1E59-4516-A5E7-7C088647237E-4446-000009C2BB5F8AA6
Greetings from Arizona, USA 812937DA-1028-4B09-98AE-616D72902827-4446-000009C2C64CFE29

Last edited by Road Weazel on Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 6:41; edited 1 time in total

descriptionGreetings from Arizona, USA EmptyRe: Greetings from Arizona, USA

more_horiz
Hi Colin and welcome :wel:

You have some cool machines there in you lot - GZ. Hopefully, the King will stay for much longer there to compliment your collection thumbs up 2 .

Also sad to her about your son. Crying or Very sad

more_horiz
Good to see you here. Hope all is well. Sure miss all my friends/instructors from MMI. Good memories from Phoenix area.

more_horiz
Welcome to the board, I'm new here too. I spent some time in Az a couple of years back when I worked for AOHell in Tucson, and I do hope to get back out there one day as it's a beautiful part of the world.

Should you decide to sell the brackets/bags, please let me know I'd be interested in the brackets for sure as it'd save me from fabricating my own.

It's also interesting to see just how low the previous owner went.... seriously too far IMHO!

more_horiz
Welcome!

Do you know which mirrors those are? I like them!

more_horiz
:wel: Colin!

more_horiz
I took a personal day on Monday, after a week of National Guard and rode over the mountain into Jerome. The roads on the way into the little town are fantastic and they weren't too busy since it was a weekday morning. I'm rather impressed with the handling of the B-King, even on the super tight 15 mph corners. All of those Track Days on the SV650 really paid off Laughing
All the best,
Weazel
Greetings from Arizona, USA 16C6F350-65F9-44BA-9A46-C66F790E52D5-10054-00000DF1AAF3D6E3
Greetings from Arizona, USA 51F99730-2AFB-4330-AF4F-A117B696DB13-10054-00000DF19E50DB63-1

more_horiz
Welcome Colin - sexy looking silver one too.

more_horiz
Road Weazel wrote:
... I tend toward the uncommon in motorcycles. ....

Well you should love the BK then. laugh
:wel: to the nut house. Greetings from Arizona, USA 329913

more_horiz
Welcome aboard!

Anyone with a stable of bikes like that will realise the fun to be had on a King!

Glad to see you have the faster Silver one!!

Enjoy!!

Very Happy
Greetings from Arizona, USA 804287 Greetings from Arizona, USA 340751

more_horiz
:wel:

more_horiz
That's a great ride. I took it with your B-King's previous owner. One of my favorite areas to ride when I was attending MMI.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply