www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionAdelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)  EmptyAdelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)

more_horiz
Howdy folks,

Name's Matt, and I'm a 28 year old guy that got bitten by the motorcycle bug about a year ago when I ended up riding a Royal Enfield.

Came back to Australia and picked up a licence and bought a wife-approved TU250X. Cut to one month and 4000 K's later, I ran out of patience and bought a 2011 Suzuki GS500F, putting 16,000 K's on it in the last ten months. I've had some great trips (had a three-day 2800K trip, and over Easter weekend I'm planning a solo 4000 K camping trip over four days, to climb Uluru).

I am still on a restricted license (no motorcycles over 660 CC, or exceeding 150 KW/tonne) until January 2016, but I saw and fell in love with Suzuki B-king. I kept an eye out, and just bought a 2010 stock blue b-king (prettiest colour!) with 6000 K's on it.

I'm storing the bike until I can legally ride it (January 2016), so will be stabilising the fuel etc etc, and probably idling/revving it once a fortnight to keep the fluids moving, with the 6000k service occurring on the day I can ride it. Do you guys have any suggestions for what to keep an eye out for with a storage of this length? I'm separating the battery and charging it periodically, keeping the bike on wood in a shed under a cover, etc.

This bike is going to be exciting to ride on; previously I've had a spin on a couple of gen2 Hayabusa's, a Ducati Hypermotard, CB750's and so forth. I know to exercise extreme restraint, but daily commuting this beast is going to be amazing! I'm still looking into touring equipment for stock bikes, any tips?

After the learning process is complete, I'm hoping to go with a Brock's Alien full exhaust system, PC5, PC5 - Autotune, and the timing retard /juicebox thingie.

This is going to be fantastic (as long as I resist the siren call of hooning and/or trees and stobie-poles.)

descriptionAdelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)  EmptyRe: Adelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)

more_horiz
:wel: to .org.

descriptionAdelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)  EmptyRe: Adelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)

more_horiz
Welcome Matt - you will enjoy once you get her out on the road, and yes, you will need to use some restraint as these things just beg to be ridden hard.

I would personally leave the battery in and just run a trickle charger making sure you start it once a week. Maybe drain the fuel so only a small amount remains in tank.

I am sure others will have further advice!

more_horiz
Hello from sunny Poland :wel:

more_horiz
Welcome ukflaggif whe

more_horiz
:wel: to the forum

waiting to ride the B King will be hard bounce I know as my son was in the same position for 10 months, it drove him wild!!! But now he can and can keep up with his dad (some of the time!!! Wink ) Very Happy

more_horiz
Congrats, mate. Sorry to hear you have to wait out the P period but hey once that is done you know what you have, the best bike in the world Smile.

As for battery, definitely keep it on trickle charge. I use a battery tender for mine as they are small and light and watertight. Leave the battery in.

Keep the tank full with fuel and run it at least once every two weeks but preferably at least every week. If you can get away with it, just roll up and down the street a few times so gearbox, chain, tyres and brakes also get a bit of a workout. I'm in the same position with my unregistered ZX14 (import duties are sky high so I keep it till I come to a normal place, plus I have the King as my main bike anyway).

more_horiz
Aww, thanks for the welcome and great tips, guys!

I've got two demerit points left on my licence (you start with 4 as a learner, and I got a 4 KM/H over speed limit ticket, $300 and 2 demerit points) for the next two years. The hard part is going to be avoiding losing the other two demerit points in that time. If I lose the two points before moving into the next step, I lose my license and am stuck riding a learner bike for two years when I get it back.

I am hoping for a as-yet-unseen streak of both restraint and luck!

more_horiz
isolationist wrote:
Aww, thanks for the welcome and great  tips, guys!

I've got two demerit points left on my licence (you start with 4 as a learner, and I got a 4 KM/H over speed limit ticket, $300 and 2 demerit points) for the next two years. The hard part is going to be avoiding losing the other two demerit points in that time. If I lose the two points before moving into the next step, I lose my license and am stuck riding a learner bike for two years when I get it back.

I am hoping for a as-yet-unseen streak of both restraint and luck!

Good luck with both Laughing

more_horiz
Hi

very best of luck to you, we get a max of 12 points in England and I've been on 11 points a couple of times. Too easy with powerful bikes and or cars to have a bit of fun and end up getting caught. Only bought my king last November and kept it off the road whilst servicing it and working on it. Hoping to be on the road for next weekend. Great machine's. You will absolutely love it bounce
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

descriptionAdelaide AU, Blue B-king (also hi!)  EmptyWhich one?

more_horiz
Welcome aboard Matt. This is a great forum, and I am sure you will love the bike when you get on.

Did you buy the blue one that was recently for sale in Bendigo? If so, it looks absolutely pristine, with almost zero milage.

Hope to see you and your BKing out there on the Aussie roads!

more_horiz
Haha Yabow.. I'll not be running it around the block for the 'fork seals', but I admire your ingenuity (don't think my wife would fall for it). Shouldn't you have a compatriot dressed in white sitting over on my other shoulder providing counterpoint?

BKingBall, hi! Bought the B-King from a young guy in Parramatta. Still haven't even seen the bike, the trucking company missed the pick-up and are jerkng the seller and I around. It's a scary way to do the deal, but the seller seems great and the mechanic's pre-purchase report and the PPSR both checked out.

Gambling is responsive right, guys?

more_horiz
The King is a great bike and you will have lots of fun, good luck with keeping your demerit points with the beast!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply