www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionGreetings from the NW Corner of the US EmptyGreetings from the NW Corner of the US

more_horiz
New B-King owner - glad to find this group of enthusiast. I have been a BMW R series owner for most of my life, and love the bikes. Smile I am an industrial designer(product designer) in the high tech industry. In my work cube, I had several images of the original B-King concept bike pinned up in my office for years. I watched closely with the B-King production bike was introduced and promised myself that one day I would be an owner. That day has finally arrived.

I have always wanted one and just bought a very low milage all original bike. I wanted all original because, as a designer, I am absolutely in love with the outrageous exaggerated mufflers and other details that came from the factory. They remind me of the crazy car fins on the late 50's cars like the Cadillacs and others.

Add to that, there was a relatively low production run and you have the makings of a classic that our kids will look back at and marvel at. Smile I am curious, does anyone on here know how many of these motorcycles were produced and out of those how many came to the United States? I have looked around on the internet and have not come up with a number yet.

Anyway, it is very nice to meet everyone and I am looking forward to interact with many of you.

Kind regards,

Scott

descriptionGreetings from the NW Corner of the US EmptyRe: Greetings from the NW Corner of the US

more_horiz
Welcome Scott

As best I can tell (from my research and correspondence with Suzuki) there were less than 3000 made it to the US
Not sure about the total number made

descriptionGreetings from the NW Corner of the US EmptyRe: Greetings from the NW Corner of the US

more_horiz
Welcome Scott to  .org. 

more_horiz
Hey Scott. Welcome
If you like the look of the standard pipes and want to have more sound then it is possible to fit yoshi pipes and still have the original plastics over them. Smile

more_horiz
I recently saw something to the effect that approximately 2400 came to the states but cant remember where I saw it.

more_horiz
Jaime wrote:
Hey Scott. Welcome
If you like the look of the standard pipes and want to have more sound then it is possible to fit yoshi pipes and still have the original plastics over them. Smile

puke puke puke ....lol

more_horiz
I was able to find out that in 2008 there were just over 400,000 motorcycles sent to the United States(I couldn't find world wide data yet) and if, out of those only 2,400 bikes were sold here, that would make the B-King one rare bike indeed. The fact that you can still buy one in good condition and at a reasonable price is terrific. I wanted one in fully 100% original condition and intend to keep it and someday pass it on down to my children. Keep in mind that with automobiles, rare breeds are in the tens of thousands often. But with so many sport bikes looking similar, I rather appreciate the outrageous unapologetic look of the original bike. It really was different from everything else on the road so having an all original is appealing to me. Smile Thank you for the input and "1300roadrocket" you got something green, yet somehow stylish on my shoes.... LOL

Thanks everyone!!

more_horiz
Greetings from the SW corner of Canada!  Greetings from the NW Corner of the US 804287 

more_horiz
G'day Scott and welcome!

more_horiz
hello and welcome scottke18 from sunny chorley
happy new B-king Very Happy :wel: :wel: :wel:

more_horiz
Welcome Scott  thumbs up 2 
I so much agree about keeping the stock muffler look!
Just north of ya about 150 mi!

more_horiz
Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome. I just took delivery of my new B-King. It only has 2,500 miles and is in showroom condition, big ass cans and all! Smile The bike is so much more impressive in person than in all the pictures I have seen. I have never seen one on the road so it was a real thrill when the truck pulled up, and by mistake, dropped off Darth Vaders transport...

"Danodemotoman" - I look forward to meeting you in person some day in the near future. Smile

more_horiz
Welcome!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply