www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionPossible new owner EmptyPossible new owner

more_horiz
Hi all. I've owned a 2006 M109R for 11 years now. A friend has a 08 B King he's wanting to sell, has a tad over 3000 miles showing and the Yoshimura tail kit. Beautiful bike. He's letting me have it for $5000, which I think is a bunch on the low side. I've ridden the bike once before, several years ago. Love the riding position.

I'll be keeping my M109R, since I love the bike and it's been customized very much to my liking. Just want another play thing. Very Happy

descriptionPossible new owner EmptyRe: Possible new owner

more_horiz
Do it! You won't regret it.

more_horiz
Buy it. Then ride it like you stole it. Because you did. Twisted Evil

more_horiz
I will be buying it. But it has a defective led tail light, so I won't be able to ride it home. Going to rent a U-Haul motorcycle trailer and pull it home. He has another tail light, it's just going to require some cutting and splicing to put the new one on, the wire harness isn't long enough to reach the plug under the seat. He told me this is the second one to go bad on him. Guess these led tail lights are not a really good thing.

I know, on my M109R, I went through three Clear Alternatives tail lights, they wouldn't even make a year. Finally got one from a joint called D2Moto, and it's been on there since 2010.

I hope I can find some suitable tail light for this bike that will be more durable. I don't want to be buying and putting new lights on it every frikkin year.

more_horiz
Oh yeah, the price was his suggestion. I did not coerce him in any way. He actually thought $5000 would be too much.

more_horiz
Nice!  Possible new owner 804287

Don't forget to post pics from both of them! Wink

more_horiz
Picked up my King yesterday. Awesome motorcycle. And for those who thought I stole the bike, I ended up giving Sam seven grand for the bike. I looked it up and found it was worth that, given the extremely low mileage and it was garage kept. He also threw in a roll-on chock for the front wheel and a Suzuki stand for the rear. Thought it was worth that price. And Sam is a long time friend of mine, he and his wife need the money. Didn't wand to feel like I was taking advantage of a good friend.

Before riding the bike home, had to swap out the non-functioning tail light for a new one. The new one is sightly wider, and the hole for the wires is on the opposite side of the Yoshimura bracket. SO had to do some customizing and wire splicing. Took me about 20 minutes. My friend said he ahdn't ridden the bike for two years due to the tail light. He was surprised to watch me do it in 20 minutes. LOL

Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. Had to change the oil and adjust the chain, the bike has sat for  two years.

more_horiz
These are some great news! I cant wait to see the pictures! cheers

more_horiz
If the bike has sat for two years, probably you should also check the tires.

more_horiz
It has sat in a garage with a cover over it for two years. Tires look fine, no weather cracking on the sidewalls.

more_horiz
cbxer55 wrote:
It has sat in a garage with a cover over it for two years. Tires look fine, no weather cracking on the sidewalls.

Check the date on the sidewall.If it was made more than 5 years earlier you should replace it.Thread depth doesn't matter that much if the tire too old it will be too hard and will provide zero grip.A fresh bold tire is more safe than a stone hard one.

more_horiz
If the tires were rock hard, the sidewalls should be cracked. I've been out tossing the bike around my favorite curvy road every day since I bought it. Hasn't been one slip on either end when I'm out there. I'm not flogging it at this point, just riding it nice and easy. This bike has way more power than any bike I've ever owned, and I'm showing it the respect it deserves until I'm comfortable with it.

In the past I've owned two Honda CBX's, an 83 CB-1100F, an 89 Suzuki Katana 1100, an 83 Suzuki GS-1150ES, and many others. Been riding since 76. This bike puts way more power to the ground than any of those. Plus I've only had the M109R the last 11 years. It's not stock, has a 2-into-1 exhaust, intake and fuel tuner. It's a pretty powerful bike in it's own right. But it still weighs almost 750 pounds with a full tank, and only makes around 130 hp. It's nothing in comparison to the King.

The tires on the King are getting close to needing to be replaced, and I'll be doing so soon. I have always just liked to get every mile out of a tire before doing so. At least I'm not one of them fools who goes "to the dark side", and puts car tires on my bikes.

more_horiz
cbxer55 wrote:
If the tires were rock hard, the sidewalls should be cracked. I've been out tossing the bike around my favorite curvy road every day since I bought it. Hasn't been one slip on either end when I'm out there. I'm not flogging it at this point, just riding it nice and easy. This bike has way more power than any bike I've ever owned, and I'm showing it the respect it deserves until I'm comfortable with it.

In the past I've owned two Honda CBX's, an 83 CB-1100F, an 89 Suzuki Katana 1100, an 83 Suzuki GS-1150ES, and many others. Been riding since 76. This bike puts way more power to the ground than any of those. Plus I've only had the M109R the last 11 years. It's not stock, has a 2-into-1 exhaust, intake and fuel tuner. It's a pretty powerful bike in it's own right. But it still weighs almost 750 pounds with a full tank, and only makes around 130 hp. It's nothing in comparison to the King.

The tires on the King are getting close to needing to be replaced, and I'll be doing so soon. I have always just liked to get every mile out of a tire before doing so. At least I'm not one of them fools who goes "to the dark side", and puts car tires on my bikes.

Let me say it again then.If your tires are older than 5 year old you better replace them.These new compounds are not showing any cracks but get hard to a point when you have zero traction.
This tire was on the bike when I bought it and I was sliding all over the place just like I'm in the rain tho the tire looked in good shape.The color in the thread is still shoving too.It was made in 05.10.2009. and I got the bike in Oct of 15.
https://imgur.com/a/OSvRY
I'm not new to this either riding since '86 my list is way too long to mention every bike I had own/ridden but all I can tell you that you don't ride on the bike you ride on the tires.Please for the love of god spend that $200 for a new set of tires.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply