www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

FNG intro

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
Busabeater 2
faseljd
mdfdbk
Simplemindedjohn
AtLarge
arek1200
buzz wrecker
11 posters

descriptionFNG intro EmptyFNG intro

more_horiz
Hey everybody, just picked up a brand spankin' 08 Silver King, didn't get quite the price I was looking for, but didn't want to drive 4.5 hours to get a different one. Either way it was a lot less than MSRP. Traded in a 09 orange/black GSX650F with a Delkevic DS70 slip on exhaust. Got the King on Monday night, just went over 200 miles on the odometer today on a chilly 39 degree ride in to work. Only had the F for a year, but the limited availability of the King, along with strong discounts and 1.99% financing swayed me a bit. Love the bike so far, "A" mode only since I figure I had better learn to deal with it either way. I've had my license for 18 years, and this is the most bike I've ever owned, with a 09 HD XR1200 now being second. I expect to use the power this bike has and just want to make good friends with it first. I think of it as a pit bull, you gotta respect the powerful breed because if you don't, well things just might not work out too good for you. At any rate, I don't usually post a lot unless I know something, which is not too much about this bike yet. I just know that it has more hp than my daily driver car, so I think I will take it easy for a bit. Glad to find a forum, I usually join whatever forum I am driving/riding so I know all I can. Oh, and I think I have to do that rectifier/regulator recall.......again. I had just got it done on the GSX. Nuts.

descriptionFNG intro EmptyRe: FNG intro

more_horiz
Welcome to the forum Buzz.
You have the right frame of mind with "gotta respect the powerful breed". It can easily put you in your place.
I have a step-son in Newport News, I'll have him keep an eye out for ya...

more_horiz
Welcome Exclamation Enjoy the Beast Exclamation

more_horiz
Congratulations. Your gonna like it! FNG intro 89639

more_horiz
I'd check with your dealer, If you got the bike new, legally they can't let it leave the lot until any recalls have been addressed. Welcome to the forum, you'll love her!

more_horiz
congratz and welcome! cheers

more_horiz
Welcome!

more_horiz
Welcome

more_horiz
Welcome FNG intro 573382

more_horiz
Thanks y'all! About the recalls, I've emailed the dealer, just waiting for confirmation that all SB's and recalls were performed. I've noticed that in gears 1-3 that the bike has a ticking sound from the left side of the engine, could that be the clutch issue? Other than that, it is running great and I am on the third tank of gas so far, and will be getting the fourth to ride home from work tomorrow (it's almost a 140 mile round trip commute for me). One of the first things I want to do is get a small windscreen since I do commute on this. I like the Powerbronze. Any thoughts?

more_horiz
I doubt they would of performed the service bulletin.

more_horiz
Cool, so I just got off the phone with the dealers service dept., they got my VIN and both the regulator/rectifier recall and clutch TSB were both performed. Sweet! Got the bike last Monday, went over 400 miles so far...

more_horiz
hi  flower 

more_horiz

Zombie thread !

more_horiz
Hello buzz!
Nice getting 'new' one!
I was pleased getting the used '08 with 10k mi as the third owner for slightly more than 1/2 msrp
(getting caught up today on the welcoming new intro posts)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply