www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

description2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ? Empty2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ?

more_horiz
Well Fellow B-Kinger... I've been lurking aroung this board almost everyday for the past few months reading almost every thread exist and I must say it is adicting. I am running out of new stuff to read. So far, I have not come across any negative issue and everyone seemed to love their King. Currently riding Gen I FZ1 below and quite happy with it. Love that rush from 6K all the way up to redline. It corner fairly well and gets about 40mpg easy riding and lower riding hard on the twisty backroad. I would love to move to the King for next season so someone convince me that I will not miss my FZ1....

Know fact that can not change:[/b]
King takes Premium Fuel... (ouch...)
King is heavier than the FZ1 (about 60lbs more)
King is the BIG-King (much bigger than the FZ1)
No fairing for wind protection (I take the FZ1 past 160 MPH often on the back road not feeling like getting blown off)

[b]Things I've found here to be positive for the King

1. Get better wind protection with an aftermarket screen
2. Get rid of the stock exhaust (I would get a full Brock system)
3. Get either PC V, Ecu Editor, or Xtre along with mode to air intake and bmc air filter to help in the performance department
4. Get better seat for touring

Things I still have questions with...
1. I could not find much info on under tail clean-up kit. I like the clean look of one in the Brock's website.
2. Not sure if the King will go around curve same or better than the FZ (I don't do track, just like to go around nice long curve at tripple digit speed sometime)
3. Sounded like the King try to shed you off the sattle at speed past 140 or so from what I've read (No issue on the FZ even at 160+)
4. How many lbs can we safely shed of the King (after complete exhaust replacement then what next???)
5. Will it get 40 mpg with easy riding (meaning only 2 or 3 full trottle runs per tank) or long distance touring.

Its late and I'm sure I have forgot something but Thanks for reading...

2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ? 015

description2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ? EmptyRe: 2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ?

more_horiz
I'm sure you will miss your FZ1 as I do miss my '05 FZ6 Fazer. The bike you have now is probably the most universal construction (or second only to the BMW GS) without putting any money and/or effort in modding it. While, B-King can be everything with necessary mods.

We have people here who tour the king hauling 3x 45 litre GIVI cases with big bolt-on fairings.
Some of us do drag races with great results beating up most of other manufacturers' machines.
There are also ppl who do track runs every weekend, knee dragging our beast, revving it high on the redline.

If I were able to keep my FZ6 I'd definitely do it, but the money could have been a problem then Razz. I bought my B-King in 2008. It is my only bike at the moment and I managed to love both its pluses and minuses. No compromises - the bike is as it is.

-It's big and heavy. Tight manouvering at low speed might be troublesome a bit (like sqeezing between the cars while in traffic jam).
-No fairing is a pain at 140+ as you mentioned and it is true. If you want to do some highway traveling at constant speed 160 for longer than 2-3 minutes, then forget it or buy a huge fairing that looks more like a bathtube Razz
-No passengers for longer runs. Their riding position is SOOOO uncomfortable - high mounted foot pegs, small seat and no passenger grips. I hate to be a passenger on my bike (192cm tall, 92 kilograms of weight).
-Very small tank capacity. The amount of burned gasoline will be simmilar to your FZ1 (still depends on your riding style), though the 16,5 litre capacity is definitely not enough for longer voyages.

These are probably the first things that came to my mind when I switched from FZ6.

As I wrote before, I manage to live with these 'minuses' and now I don't really care about all this. I love the wind buffet, the atomic accelration blasts, sharp brakes, the way ppl look at me on the street because of its size and styling (and the Two Brothers sound now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ).

If you want a big muscle bike (because it's something more than caffe racer Razz ) with plenty of power and no compromises you should try the King.

description2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ? EmptyRe: 2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ?

more_horiz
Well said joshidiah :-) cheers

more_horiz
hellbillyb wrote:
Well said joshidiah :-) cheers

Thanks cheers

more_horiz
pros to your cons on the King:
high test fuel...most fill ups are around 3-3.5 gals. hi-test runs about 20-30 cents more than regular, that comes out to about $1 difference. skip Starbucks 1 time a week, will more than pay for the fuel.
wind screen: a small screen will take care of the wind problem. I have the National Cycle on mine. small, looks good on the bike, plenty of area to tuck in, and good protection from wind. I have mine over 145 with it on.
seat: a good gel seat pad insted of a aftermaket seat. much cheaper, and comfortable.
fuel mileage: normal city riding, getting on it from time to time, you should have no problem getting 40+ mph
weight: yeah, moving the king around at low speed is a little heavy, on the road it handles like a 600.
size: it's longer than a Hayabusa, and looks a lot bigger than it is. once your sitting on it, the size of the "tank" goes away.

more_horiz
So far so good... I am pretty serious at this point about getting one. If I dislike it for any reason, I still have the FZ. I will probably hang on to the FZ until I'm for sure the King is a keeper. Sounded like a good windscreen is all you'll need for a high speed run. Heck, if I can get 40 mpg on this huge engine, I'm sold. Now I just need to find one close by to actually see or sit on it before making final decision. I know not too many people have commented on this yet but my main question is:

What is the average weight (lb) one can safely reduce from this bike assuming I get a Brock full system???

more_horiz
the factory muffler alone weighs a good 30 lbs, without the covers. the rear "fender" is close to 10 lbs. loose the EVAP can, AKA missle launcher, and valves, another 5 lbs. if you go with smaller front side pods, you can save a couple of extra lbs. SET motor and valve, the stock headers are much heavier than the Brocks, and you save the weight of the cat and the extra piping under the seat

more_horiz
If I can get rid of around 40+ lbs with the Brock and all those you mention, that is great. I'm only 150 lbs so that will also help. Forgot to ask whether this bike is top heavy or is it pretty balance with the weight down low. With the factory exhaust removed, I would think that is directly under and infront of you to create that lower center gravity. In any case, I really need to find one in the next couple of week close by to actually sit on it and see how it feels. Thanks so far...

more_horiz
Hello FZ1 friend! I also had a 1st gen Fizzer, and I'm currently in the process of finding a BKing to be my next bike. I took a short ride on a King, and the weight didn't really feel any different, even at crawling speeds. The bike does look huge by comparison, and seems to be twice as wide as an FZ1.

more_horiz
kbking wrote:
If I can get rid of around 40+ lbs with the Brock and all those you mention, that is great. I'm only 150 lbs so that will also help. Forgot to ask whether this bike is top heavy or is it pretty balance with the weight down low. With the factory exhaust removed, I would think that is directly under and infront of you to create that lower center gravity. In any case, I really need to find one in the next couple of week close by to actually sit on it and see how it feels. Thanks so far...

Brock here is probably the best option among after market exhaust but you will have to find something to fill the undertray (evil bay, perhaps Razz ) Smile

more_horiz
Hi kbking, I made the jump from a blue Ivanized 05' fizzy to the king the beginning of this season. The two things I miss on the FZ are the larger fuel tank and center stand. The FZ is a little easier to maneuver in and out of the garage, but once the king is moving you don't feel the extra weight.

I have the Brock's full exhaust and it makes a noticeable difference by lowering the center of gravity. Definitely go the ECU editor route with a wide band O2 sensor. This allows you to tune the map to run optimally for your specific mods. Fuel injection is a huge plus .

The torque and power is the biggest improvement over the FZ. It pulls from 2k rpm up to redline. One time I managed to spin the rear tire with the front wheel in the air. Very Happy

As these guys have said, it only takes a little modding to transform the king into the perfect bike, whether you are going to be dragging it with an extended swingarm, touring with bags and plenty of wind protection, or anywhere in between. It is a lot of bike for the money. I wouldn't go back to the FZ. Good luck with your search!

more_horiz
I managed to spin the rear tire with the front wheel in the air
... WOW ... How can one say NO to such a bike... You have oficially set me on a mission to search for my KINGship... Oh... the black one seemed to be the one that always smoke the tire so that it the color I will be after... If you see a good one out there, send it my way.....

more_horiz
kbking wrote:
I managed to spin the rear tire with the front wheel in the air
... WOW ... How can one say NO to such a bike... You have oficially set me on a mission to search for my KINGship... Oh... the black one seemed to be the one that always smoke the tire so that it the color I will be after... If you see a good one out there, send it my way.....

Good luck there, pal. Hopefull you'll find your new ride soon cheers Wink

more_horiz
Glad I could help! 2 B or NOT 2 B-King that is the ? 804287

Once you ride it (the faster black) there is no turning back...

Keep an eye on craigslist, ebay, cycletrader, and the market here. If you find a new King at a dealer, don't hesitate to low ball them. I have seen a few places selling them new for $8,000. The dealer I bought from was asking 10.3k, I got it for $8,500. Unfortunately this gave me the excuse to spend the money I saved on mods haha.

Now we just have to get through the winter...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply