www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
pala
kerbmonkey
Legend
sideways
hayabuser
9 posters

descriptionNew member EmptyNew member

more_horiz
Hello all.

I've joined this site as I am considering a change of ride from my current 2005 Hayabusa to a 2008 B-King that I found for sale locally.

The sportbike crouch of the Hayabusa is starting to affect my lower back and neck muscles now that I'm into my 40's but not wanting to live without the Busa's power, the B-King seems to be the perfect combination. Now, having said that, I've never ridden a B-King or any upright naked bike since my 1983 Yamaha Vision (I hear you laughing) back in 1994 when I first learned to ride so I do worry about the lack of wind protection when out on long rides. The Hayabusa is king (excuse the pun) of wind protection and I've really gotten used to sitting in the bubble of still air at highway speeds after owning two of them.

I'd be really appreciative to hear some thoughts/experiences from you owners! Meanwhile, I'm going to go surf the forum.

Best! thumbs up 2

New member 7818590466_40b2580176_h

descriptionNew member EmptyRe: New member

more_horiz
Welcome !!!

more_horiz
U have a choice of a number of screens, I installed a V stream and it works well. Pretty much what ever you need to know you can find somewhere on the forum. Welcome aboard.

more_horiz
That is a nice Busa.......maybe you can go for some bar risers and lower your pegs for more comfort. I own a Vfr 800 and lowering the pegs about an inch made a big difference in long distance comfort. So much so that I don't feel the need to raise the bars.

Now the Bking feels like a proper motorcycle. The seating position is excellent, zero back or neck straining issues....at least under 100. Go try one and decide.

more_horiz
welcome to the forum , you wont be disappointed with a king

more_horiz
:wel:

more_horiz
welcome Very Happy

more_horiz
Hiya. Suggest you ride the B-King for a while without the screen then decide if you actually want a screen and you'll have an idea of whether you want a small neat screen or a huge sail in front of you. Also depends on your definition of "highway speeds". I personally find the bike is all day comfortable at up to 90-95mph without a screen and the wind only gets really tiring when naughty speeds (100 plus) are held for any length of time.

more_horiz
Hi

alryte m8

had 3 hayabusas , around 6 years ago , sold one , then wanted another and so on, as i could not find anything to compare to the bike, but then got a B king come into shop last year and boy,oh boy, the 2007 R1 had to go and so did my Ducati 996SPS, the king is the best bike ive owned, i still buy little 2 strokes to mess about with but the B king is always there ready to roll, had a few run ins with busas lately on private roads m'lud and busa did not stand a chance upto 140mph, topped out at 165 because the wind was nearly blowing me off bike , have no screen and dont need one, fuel economy should not be a concern when running one of these but that is the case with the little aprilia RS250 2 stroke i just bought too

steve

more_horiz
Went out this afternoon to check out this 2008:

New member 8123194997_c06605489b_b

After a very enjoyable test ride (for both me and my ailing lower back), I bought it! Picking it up tomorrow evening. I'll miss the Busa but the King was just exceptional. Very happy. cheers

more_horiz
hi

nice one m8,

now you could always get a log box and unlock those ponies hiding in there, but first things first, enjoy !!

steve

more_horiz

Congratulations on your purchase - and welcome to the forum.

more_horiz
I think I'll be happy with the current power output for a bit since it's slightly more than my 1st Gen Hayabusa had. The top end limiter however, that needs to go. Wink

more_horiz
I took the drama out of it and just kept the busa when I got the King

more_horiz
Congratulations on a nice looking King. It looks like it has the Suzuki accessory screen. Keep posting up how you get along with it and ENJOY!

more_horiz
metaldisorder wrote:
I took the drama out of it and just kept the busa when I got the King

It was an option but then I would have had to sell my 1982 Katana 1100... and I didn't want to do that. Cool

New member 7858592278_b8c882a127_b

Of course, I could have sold the GSX-R750 but then my wife would have killed me... since it's hers. Wink

more_horiz
I want your huge suzuki sign hanging above the bikes! very Jealous! Very Happy

more_horiz
hi

yer like me m8, suzuki through and through, in fact on some motorcycle birthsign thingy in the motorcycle news here in the uk years ago , my motorcycle birthsign is the suzuki motorcycle company lol!

do not sell the katana !!

more_horiz
slaurenson wrote:
I want your huge suzuki sign hanging above the bikes! very Jealous! Very Happy

It came off the front of local dealership that went bust earlier this year... measures 12'x3'. Took four of us to mount it on the garage wall but it was well worth the strained muscles. Laughing

more_horiz
B-King is home!

New member 9245_10151228060469921_546598815_n

king

more_horiz
that's awesome!

more_horiz
I felt a little guilty about leaving my Hayabusa behind at the dealership but that thought was blown out of my mind very quickly on the ride home.

Riding a naked bike that shares the same maniacal acceleration as the Busa is total madness! You feel the speed so much more vividly without the fairings creating the still-air bubble around you. The B-King is just insane... and I love it! Twisted Evil

more_horiz
Updated poseur pic:

New member 8128256622_8e1057261d_b

Very Happy

more_horiz
And one with the Kat:

New member 281490_10151229361419921_183444862_n

Smile

more_horiz