www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionAloha from B-kinger in Hawaii EmptyAloha from B-kinger in Hawaii

more_horiz
Hello all - Roy here, but most folks know me as 'buma' online. Been riding now for almost 20 years, and the B-King is only my 3rd bike, 2nd bike ever purchased brand new, too. Just picked it up this past weekend brand new - it sat unbuilt for 4 years and then assembled about a year ago where it sat on the dealers floor until I came along, test rode it, and out it went with me for a really good deal.

Previous ride was a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200N that I also had since brand new. Took that in for a safety check a few weeks ago where the dealership discovered that I needed new front rotors on it. As I found out how much it would be to replace (about $250 per rotor, + an hours labor), it exceeded my previous threshold of how much money I wanted to sink into this 12 year old bike and decided that it wasn't worth it - besides, as the parts guy said "Well, a new bike comes with new rotors..." Pair that with the deal they had on the B-King, I was sold.

Been riding around just for a few days now and am starting to love / fear the great amount of power the King has coming from its racer cousin. The old Bandit would top out at about 5K before I had to shift gears to go faster, but the King seems to just pull and pull and pull... I need to learn a bit more throttle control now. Legs are also getting use to the new racer-like seat and different ergo on the King, but that first night I had cramps from all the different muscles being called into use to shift.

So far, it's stock - and I think for the most part it'll stay that way too. Maybe a few cosmetic changes are in the works such as:
1. a tail tidy as that big hunk of plastic back just doesn't seem right
2. new bar-end mirrors as I can't see anything but my elbows with the stock ones
3. engine protectors as I can personally attest to them saving much money on my bandit
4. either a tank protector or some 3m clear paint protector strips as I'm now noticing the diminutive crotch-to-tank space that I'm not as accustomed to...

descriptionAloha from B-kinger in Hawaii EmptyRe: Aloha from B-kinger in Hawaii

more_horiz
Nice 1 , welcome to the forum m8

more_horiz
:wel: Buma

more_horiz
welcome.... I envy you living in Hawaii... always wanted to go there..
Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello and welcome to the .ORG :wel:

more_horiz
welcome,from sunny brum. sunny Aloha from B-kinger in Hawaii 573382

more_horiz
thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yes, Hawaii is nice, but can't go very far... pretty much only choices for destination is either clockwise or anticlockwise around the island, or straight down the middle and turn one way or the other when you get to the end. But still, I do count myself lucky and can't imagine living anywhere else.

more_horiz
Aloha Cool

more_horiz
Welcome and say hello for me to Thomas Magnum if u c him Very Happy

more_horiz
Aloha from B-kinger in Hawaii 360143 enjoy

more_horiz
bpcs wrote:
Welcome and say hello for me to Thomas Magnum if u c him Very Happy

mmm - me and Tommy meet all the time at the King Kamehameha Club - I'll say 'hi' next time I go Smile

more_horiz
Hi
Yes know what you mean about going far in Hawaii stayed at outrigger reef on Waikiki beach
Didn't take long to go round on a bus so the bking will fly round in no time

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply