www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew to forum EmptyNew to forum

more_horiz
Hi everyone,

I bought my 08 B-King last fall and have been snooping around the forum ever since and finally getting around to introducing myself.  Many thanks to all that contribute so much good information.  My bike had Yoshi stainless slip-ons and was re-flashed by a dealer when I bought it  I went to Byron, IL. drag way last weekend and had a blast!  I strapped the front end and managed a 10.355 @132.3 best.  I thought I could post a low 10 but my 0-60' needs improvement (1.78).  The bike runs great but I think my next purchase might be a Woolich data logger.  This way I can be sure the fueling is optimum and have the ability to compensate for future changes.  Thanks again to all for the great info on the forum.

descriptionNew to forum EmptyRe: New to forum

more_horiz
Welcome to the forum

more_horiz
Welcome to the forum New to forum 804287 
Thats a good 60' time I can't get any where near that it's pissing me off ...

more_horiz
:wel: 

more_horiz
I was running a strap on the front end.  It made a huge difference controlling wheelies off the line.  I ran six times.  Four of my launches were at 3,000rpm with a quick engagement. To my surprise, the front end stayed down pretty well.  A 6,000rpm launch turned into a big wheelie...too much clutch too quick but still did a 10.791.  Another 6,000rpm launch produced a sweet controlled loft that went out to 300'.  That run was a 10.370.  It felt like it would be the best run of the day to no avail.  I was running the stock Q2's at 30psi with no burn-out (I didn't want to make a mess of the mufflers).  It takes a lot of practice to get it just right.  I plan to go back to Byron in late September on a test and tune weekend.  I've enjoyed watching the progress of Loud Pipes on the forum.  I'm sure everyone into drag racing has him in their watch.

more_horiz
Do you have an air box mod of any kind?
What did the dealer flash it as?
Is the exhaust valve opened?

more_horiz
Welcome...
Very respectable times.

more_horiz
I haven't popped the tank to check the filter yet.  The bike does produce a lot of intake resonance under slow a cell at about 3,000rpm. once it is warmed up.  I don't think there have been any air box mods. There are no snorkles.  I don't know what thee dealer flashed it as and I think the exhaust valve is still enabled.  The fueling seems good. The pipes are blue for just a couple of inches and are evenly colored.  The delivery is smooth with out any hiccups.  This is why I would like to get a data logger to check fuelling and see what has been diabled. There are endless mods available.  My personal goal is to touch into the high 9's without spending a ton of money.  I had filled up with no ethanol preimum before the race.  Just after that I saw a thread from Loud Pipes that said the bikes will run faster on 87 octane.  Is this the case or did I misunderstand?  

Thanks for the welcome and compliment Black Clover.  That means a lot to me coming from someone with your experience.  Must be beginners luck but I know/think I can do better next time.  I was intimidated by the B-King until I put the strap on at the strip.  I was pleasantly surprised how well the bike reacted.  I'll keep you all posted on my results in late September.

more_horiz
An air box mod, open exhaust valve, and flash as an unrestricted Busa will improve your time, and for little money.

more_horiz
I appreciate the tips.  That just might enough to get me into the high nines.  I saw where an experienced girl was able to get a stock King in the 9's.  I weigh about 200 with gear.  Every ounce counts.  My brother wanted me to pull the tool kit out.  I'll try that too in September.

more_horiz
Welcome aboard from Buffalo Grove. You got another member from Crystal Lake here. Never met him in person but we've been talking about it for about a year now.
We should all get together one of these days

more_horiz
Lake Zurich here, welcome aboard! Buddy KAR on here has a black king from Elk Grove. Yes we all need to meet up soon.

more_horiz
What a small world!  I'd love to get together with you guys for a ride and to see what you've done to your bikes.  I'm pretty sure I've seen some of your posts in the past.  Schedules tend to get busy during this time of the summer but think about it and throw out some dates and lets try to make it happen.

more_horiz
Whats everyone doing this sunday pm?

more_horiz
This weekend is busy for me.  All of next weekend is open.  Lets see if we can arrange something then.

more_horiz
Welcome Shadow44, bet you've got some fantastic roads over there where you are.

Had a quick Google map look, nice place.

more_horiz
Hi Slarty.  Thanks for the welcome.  There are some really great roads about an hour north of here in the Kettle Moraine area of Wisconsin near the town of Eagle.  Also out in mid and southwestern Wisconsin.  How's the riding in Holland?

more_horiz
Shadow44 wrote:
Hi Slarty.  Thanks for the welcome.  There are some really great roads about an hour north of here in the Kettle Moraine area of Wisconsin near the town of Eagle.  Also out in mid and southwestern Wisconsin.  How's the riding in Holland?

I imagine it is very flat but I live in Up Holland, which is in Lancashire in the UK Smile

Got Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Derbyshire Dales and Wales all within an hour or so of me, so some reasonable riding that unfortunately requires boring motorway to get to them.

more_horiz
I've had a half dozen business trips to the UK and have always heard the Lakes District is beautiful.  Haven't had the chance to get up that way yet.  The other areas you mention sound like a beautiful place to ride.  Any place you can get away from traffic can be a great place to ride.

more_horiz
Yes lake district is my favorite place in England

more_horiz
Hutch, I noticed in one of your posts today you mentioned the Moors.  I drove across the Moors going from Plymouth to Launceton.  What an awesome landscape.  It was pretty cool to stand at the spot where Columbus set sail for the "new world".  The roads are well maintained. There's some great riding in the UK.

more_horiz
Shadow44 wrote:
 The roads are well maintained

Not everywhere unfortunately, pretty sorry state after the winter and most wont get repaired, but you just dodge the potholes Smile

Lakes are great to ride in but traffic gets bad this time of year and get stuck behind caravans (trailers) and VERY wide Harleys that arent going anywhere fast, not B-King speed anyway.

In America you have the luxury of space, lots of land to go around for all, though i bet certain areas are jammed up same as here.

more_horiz
Hi and welcome shadow44! from Scorchio Chorley :wel: :wel: :wel: 

more_horiz
Thanks for the welcome hellbilyb.  I'm surprised about the potholes Slarty.  Like here it must be the freeze/thaw cycles that mess-up the roads.  When I visited I traveled mostly main highways.  It was a lot of fun to drive a stick shift on the left side of the road.  All I had to remember was if it felt "normal" I was doing something wrong.  One trip I drove from London to Midsommer Norton near Bath and then down to Launceton...beautiful!  There's an incredible sense of history in the UK. Over here we have our share of potholes, construction zones and traffic jams too.  Also plenty of Harleys!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply