www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionHello from Arkansas!!  EmptyHello from Arkansas!!

more_horiz
Hello! I am new to the forum. I have owned about 50 bikes over the years and I'm picking up a B King this weekend in Dallas. I have read in the past couple of days that the Yoshi slip ons can cause the ecu to be confused and make the bike sputter and run rough at low rpms. and even cause poor acceleration. Is this true?? This bike has the Yoshi carbon slip ons with no inserts and no Power Commander. He says it runs perfect and has super low miles at just 3700. The bike is showroom clean but I am driving 6 hours to get it, and I don't wanna get there and have an issue that will make me back out. I found another one in Louisiana with a few less miles but no extras. Also hearing about clutch noise due to a loose bolt?? I have been super excited about getting this bike and I have family down there anyway and a wedding to attend so the trip is happening regardless. 8K is the price and from what I have seen, that is fair. I have seen dealers wanting 10k plus and others asking at least 9k for clean ones. Its all black with small windscreen, tank pad, spools and frame sliders, Yoshi cans and fender kit and also wheel stripes. Any info to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!  Very Happy

Last edited by jkellis on Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total

descriptionHello from Arkansas!!  EmptyRe: Hello from Arkansas!!

more_horiz
firstly  :wel:  to  .org.  , I don't know for certain but I think your slip ons will be fine , sure someone will confirm this or tell you other wise very soon

more_horiz
Thanks!!

more_horiz
welcome  sunny 

more_horiz
Welcome!!

more_horiz
Welcome!
Years ago I ran some CF Yoshi slip ons on my BK without any other mods.  I had zero problems.  Do a seach on here regarding the clutch bolt, mine was never effected but a few were.  The Ti valves can also be pretty loud at start up when cold if your not use to them but they quiten down once warm.

Jealous........... Living in Arkansas.  We normally try to get up there a couple times per year.

more_horiz
Thanks guys!! Good deal, 1 Wheel Peel. Thanks for the info. I had never heard of the cans being a problem until lately and it did'nt make any sense to me. Just wanted to see if it was a common issue and the clutch bolt was a little alarming but this bike has 3700 miles, and I'm sure if it was an issue, it would have presented itself by now. Arkansas roads are great for riding! If your ever out this way, hit me up! I'm going down Saturday to buy the King! Anyone wanna chime in on the price? 8k. I found a completely stock silver one in New Orleans with 2500 miles but no extras at all and original tires for 7500. Seems like the extra 500 is worth it to have all the goodies and just 1200 more miles. What do you think??

more_horiz
As for the price it sounds about right for this area.  I think the price here has pretty much bottomed and is starting to head back up a bit.  I've seen them cheaper but not with the miles/description you gave and as you pointed out I've seen them much higher and with it being black that should be worth an additional $1k. Wink 

more_horiz
I agree!! The Black looks the best. I like the silver too but the all black suits that bike much better. Does anyone know exactly how many Kings were sold here in the US? I have heard there are only about 350 in the country. Is this true? If so, the price should def go up on these bikes, especially exaamples with less than 5k miles and super clean like the one I am buying. I'll post a few pics.

more_horiz
jkellis wrote:
.... Does anyone know exactly how many Kings were sold here in the US?....

That subject has been brought up many times here before.  The short answer is no.  No one really knows for sure how many were imported to the states.

jkellis wrote:
....I have heard there are only about 350 in the country.  Is this true?....

Yeah I saw that guy's CL ad, I started to contact him and ask where he was getting his information from.  I figure he was just trying to sucker someone into buying his bike or some dealership salesman told him that.

jkellis wrote:
....If so, the price should def go up on these bikes, especially exaamples with less than 5k miles and super clean like the one I am buying....

Please don't buy it to store it thinking you'll make money off of it in the future.  This is one of the most fun bikes I have ever riden and mine certainly likes the Arkansas/Mo boourder area.  The grin factor on this bike is great!

jkellis wrote:
.... I'll post a few pics.

We always like pictures. sunny

more_horiz
Welcome!
I am still stuck on black and the moniker Bat Bike!
Old school rider on his 3rd C10 Concours so no need for more power than the stock B King and actaully like the cartoonish mufflers!
I usually like stock anyway.

more_horiz
Thanks guys! Don't worry, 1 Wheel Peel. I've had about 50 bikes and around 200k logged on two wheels so the B King will get riden. Wink I got her home! Picked her up this weekend and I'm very pleased with it. I'll post pics soon. This bike is a keeper! Very Happy

more_horiz

more_horiz
How the hell do you upload pics here?? Lol

more_horiz
jkellis wrote:
How the hell do you upload pics here?? Lol
have a look in the rules and info section in red at the top of the page m8, hope that will help !

more_horiz
Thanks!

more_horiz
I'll be good to have another Black BK in Little Rock area! I've got about 53,000 mi. on mine. Had cans with stock pipe, ran fine, but I had CPU reflashed to smooth throttle response; and later with Brock,s header I added PCV! I've really enjoyed my BK, Great Bike Welcome to BK org!!

more_horiz
Welcome neighbor!

more_horiz
CarnahanBKing, I am about 125 miles north of you, I got my B last year after selling my Gen II Turbo Hayabusa, we have a meet and greet in Eureka Springs every year, its the last weekend of this month and most stay at the Pointe West Motel. Its welcome to all but designed to be Hayabusa's.

more_horiz
CarnahanBKing! Great to meet you last night at bike nite. Thanks for all the info. I love the King! Its everything I thought it would be. Rolls into a corner much better with the brand new Michelin Pilot Power 2ct 190/55 I just put on the rear. Awesome machine!! Looking forward to some rides in the future. Have a great weekend, sir!

more_horiz
6gear! I'm down to ride anytime. I live in NLR, AR.

more_horiz
I'm thinking you Arkansas boys need to put together and host a regional or national meet/ride.
 Hello from Arkansas!!  786369 

more_horiz
Like I said the Hayabusa boys have a meet and greet a couple times a year in Eureka Springs Ar.(Northwest Ar.) and they would welcome the Kings, I have had a Busa for the past 13.5 yrs. and got the King last year and will be going next weekend to Eureka, they even let Harley's in so I am sure we will fit in.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply