www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

Hello from Alabama

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
Legend
Beaker
Moosehead
7 posters

descriptionHello from Alabama EmptyHello from Alabama

more_horiz
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've admired the B-King since it was introduced and rode a buddies a couple years back. I recently sold my Victory Hammer (Awesome Muscle Cruiser) and had an 11 ZX-14R prior to it. I am currently in the market and I am hoping to find a gently ridden B-King. The one thing that bothered me when I drove my buddies was the high pegs with my long inseam. I couldn't imagine any extended rides as my knees didn't fit under the tank. I understand that there are some fixes out there now so that has me intrigued. I looked for a FAQ thread about new buyers but have yet to come across one if it does exist.

descriptionHello from Alabama EmptyRe: Hello from Alabama

more_horiz
G'day mate and welcome!

There is a Buell peg mod HERE which provides an extra inch or so. I too worried when I first sat on a B-King a few years before purchasing mine, but no worries now with that mod!!

more_horiz
Thank you sir. I got in touch with Joe today. Wish me luck on the bike!

more_horiz
www.knightdesignllc.com/ is another option, 1 or 2 inch drop from stock height.

more_horiz
Hi and welcome to the forum , I got 2 in lowering pegs on my king and it makes hell of a difference ,doesn't make any difference in the corners as the 2in really comes off the top of the peg and not the bottom,Good luck in your search for your king

more_horiz
Hello Moosehead. Greetings from another tall rider (192 cm). My knees don't fit under the tank but I live with it -as if the bike could not be more hardcore Razz.

Our friends here say these buell peg mod makes hell of a difference, so you should look up for it as your first mod to the bike right after some framesliders  Hello from Alabama 804287 .

more_horiz
davehutch wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum , I got 2 in lowering pegs on my king and it makes hell of a difference ,doesn't make any difference in the corners as the 2in really comes off the top of the peg and not the bottom,Good luck in your search for your king  

Dave- do you have a pic of the 2 inch drop? I found one locally but can't get the guy to return my emails- A bit frustrating!

more_horiz
here you are m8
Attachments
attach_fileP1030776.JPG

(6.2 Mb) Downloaded 0 times

attach_fileP1030777.JPG

(5.8 Mb) Downloaded 0 times

more_horiz
hmm, says I don't have permission to download the attachments. Is there a post count issue? thanks

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:
hmm, says I don't have permission to download the attachments. Is there a post count issue? thanks

is this better ?

more_horiz
welcome  ukflaggif 

more_horiz
worked, thank you!

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:
worked, thank you!
glad to have helped  cheers 

more_horiz
going to look at one this weekend, wish me luck.

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:
 Hello from Alabama 804287  good luck !

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:

Good luck and keep us updated!  Hello from Alabama 804287 

more_horiz
thanks, the weather is not going to cooperate but I am still going to check it out.

more_horiz
Went to check it out today and my goodness it is fast- and clean! just under 3700 miles. The length was a huge issue however. I had a hard time using the rear brake because I just couldn't manipulate my ankle the way my leg was wedged between the bottom of the tank and the peg. I had to pull my knee out from under the tank to use the rear brake. Being unfamiliar with the bike didn't help any. That said- I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger. I told the seller to give me a couple of days to decide and left him a deposit. I need to do some research on the peg swap!

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:

Have you noticed that I have one King for sale and I am in Alabama?

http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/4496074416.html

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:
Went to check it out today and my goodness it is fast- and clean! just under 3700 miles. The length was a huge issue however. I had a hard time using the rear brake because I just couldn't manipulate my ankle the way my leg was wedged between the bottom of the tank and the peg. I had to pull my knee out from under the tank to use the rear brake. Being unfamiliar with the bike didn't help any. That said- I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger. I told the seller to give me a couple of days to decide and left him a deposit. I need to do some research on the peg swap!

These folks will sell you exactly what you need:  www.knightdesignllc.com/

If you have a long inseam it's probably the best $125.00 you can spend on your bike.

more_horiz
OW- I did. This one is a smoking hot deal and just broken in.. under 3,700 miles.

Legend- that looks like the way I am headed. Did you have to adjust the brake/clutch after install?

more_horiz
Moose- You will need to adjust the brake and shifter to keep things ergonomically correct. I actually haven't lowered my kings pegs yet but I did on my vfr and it made a world of difference. My legs just fit under the side pods so despite the high pegs I'm pretty comfortable. I've been instructed by my spouse to not buy the pegs for my king yet as she wants to get 'em for me as a birthday gift......

more_horiz
great, thanks.

more_horiz
pulled the trigger, going to pick it up Wednesday. Sliders and pegs ordered.

more_horiz
Moosehead wrote:
pulled the trigger, going to pick it up Wednesday. Sliders and pegs ordered.
 thumbs up 2 

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply