www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

Howdy from north Texas

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
rugeroid
NFB1958
PetiteMoose
1 wheel peel
Grumpy Old Man
tailscookie
alanchan
shaun6501
snuffcityrider
13 posters

descriptionHowdy from north Texas EmptyHowdy from north Texas

more_horiz
Been lurking for a while so I thought I'd introduce myself. I loved the B King when it first came out but had a Rocket lll at the time and couldn't afford two bikes at the time. Hoping to buy a B King soon but I'm buying from another state from an individual so the loan process is a little tricky, ( wish me luck). Just sold my tricked out FZ 1 and was looking to get a Busa, but couldn't justify the insurance. The B King is one third the cost for me to insure. Current rides are a Yamaha Tenere and a Goldwing, so the King would help me cover all the bases;)
Really enjoying this forum as I haven't yet run across any of the childish bantering that is so prevalent on so many of the other sites that I visit. Thanks for having me, glad to be here!

descriptionHowdy from north Texas EmptyRe: Howdy from north Texas

more_horiz
Welcome to .org. and good luck with buying the king thumbs up 2

more_horiz
Welcome! Are you sure about the insurance on the B-king being cheaper? Only reason I ask as i was quoted one thing before I bought mine and the actual cost was completely different when it came time to sign up.

more_horiz
snuffcityrider, Welcome to the forum!
I am in Oklahoma City, Do have a B-king for several years ( the faster one = Black one )
funny you mention that you are a S10 owner, I have been thinking about getting one for awhile.
May be we can meet when I visit North Dallas!

more_horiz
shaun6501 wrote:
Welcome! Are you sure about the insurance on the B-king being cheaper? Only reason I ask as i was quoted one thing before I bought mine and the actual cost was completely different when it came time to sign up.

Only as sure as the quote I got. I haven't signed the dotted line yet. If its much more they may have a B King stuck in there window... Thanks for the welcome!

more_horiz
alanchan wrote:
snuffcityrider, Welcome to the forum!
I am in Oklahoma City, Do have a B-king for several years ( the faster one = Black one )
funny you mention that you are a S10 owner, I have been thinking about getting one for awhile.
May be we can meet when I visit North Dallas!

Sounds like a plan. I've had the Tenere three plus years and love it. I've done some trails with it but mostly dirt and gravel roads, which is nice because I have them to myself for the most part. Would like to ride the OAT ( OK adv. trail) sometime.

more_horiz
welcome ukflaggif

more_horiz
Welcome!
Love our Goldwing as a second bike also!

more_horiz
Welcome! What part of north Tx?

more_horiz
1 wheel peel wrote:
Welcome!  What part of north Tx?

I'm living in Graham, originally from Ft. Worth.
Thanks to all for welcoming me to the forum! Guess I jinxed myself as the owner backed out of the deal this morning, which is certainly his preragotive. So on goes the search...

more_horiz
Don't know how much traveling your willing to do but you might look at these..........

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/mcy/4819325866.html

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/4803985922.html

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/mcd/4809743445.html

more_horiz
1 wheel peel wrote:
Don't know how much traveling your willing to do but you might look at these..........

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/mcy/4819325866.html

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/4803985922.html

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/mcd/4809743445.html

Thanks for the list, gives me a price guide to go buy. I found one a couple hours drive from me. I'll check it out after the holidays.
Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for, known problems etc?

more_horiz
WoW Motorcycles out of Atlanta has two in stock. One with 4K and forget the other. They deliver and offer 3 yr extended warranties. I just bought one from them last month. Easy to deal with. Just another option for you

http://wowmotorcycles.com/Bikesearch.aspx?pricefrom=0&priceto=300000&keywords=b%20king

Last edited by PetiteMoose on Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 16:13; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Welcome from the uk ukflaggif

more_horiz
I was raised near Chickasha, and now live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I also have a Tenere, and a wing, as well as 2 B-Kings. I got the silver one first, and then found a black one to go with it. I have 15 bikes in all, and the King's will always have a spot in my shop!! Do not stop untill you have one, you won't regret it ever! I didn't learn how neat they were untill they had been discontinued, so had to search for mine. I left my black one stock, and put a two brothers carbon fibre slip-on on the silver one. I will always contend that if Suzuki had not used such an over the top looking exhaust on the King sales would have been adequate to remain in the line.
One of my king's was found in Nebaska, and the other in Idaho. They were both brand new, but the black one from Idaho needed a new fuel tank from rust. Suzuki warrantied a new tank without issue. The rust also required a new fuel pump. Thankfully, the dealer spotted these issues, and replaced the parts before it was ever started.

more_horiz
Just pulled the trigger on an 08 with less than 1000 miles, garage queen I guess. Should pick it up next Saturday. Long week ahead..

more_horiz
Congrats! Wow that's just a hand full of miles.

more_horiz
shaun6501 wrote:
Congrats! Wow that's just a hand full of miles.

Thanks, I feel like I dug up a time capsule.

more_horiz
snuffcityrider

Welcome,
Yes like some I loved the style when it came out... but new bike prices don't work for me. I still like the exhaust style! Still call it the ('new') Bat Bike.
6 yrs later I got a black one with only 10k mi for half the msrp.
I was not sure to keep it as not a knee dragger or demanding this much HP but it has surely grown on me and will be a keeper like my 85 V65 Sabre!
Dan from the other Graham... WA state.

more_horiz
snuffcityrider wrote:
Just pulled the trigger on an 08 with less than 1000 miles, garage queen I guess. Should pick it up next Saturday. Long week ahead..

Nice! Congrats!

Black or Silver?

more_horiz
1 wheel peel wrote:
snuffcityrider wrote:

Nice!  Congrats!

Black or Silver?

It's silver, I prefer the black but with the low mileage on this one I'll learn to like silver.

more_horiz
Congrats! Let us know what plans you have for her once you get her. They're great bikes.

more_horiz
snuffcityrider wrote:

It's silver, I prefer the black but with the low mileage on this one I'll learn to like silver.

Yes sir I'd have done the same. ABS?

more_horiz
1 wheel peel wrote:
snuffcityrider wrote:

Yes sir I'd have done the same.  ABS?

Based on what I've learned on this site I don't think it is, but I can't be positive. I've not actually seen the bike in person. I put down a deposit with the right of refusal if its not as advertised.

more_horiz
Well, after 460 miles and seven hours of driving I'm the proud owner of a B King! I'll post some pics this evening.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply