www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionPinch Me - I got a B-King.... EmptyPinch Me - I got a B-King....

more_horiz
So I find a B-King listed locally and decide to go check it out as I considered an upgrade of my 2003 Bandit 1200. Turns out, the gentlemen selling the bike has his stuff packed for an out-of-state relocation and needs to unload his bike. Now I don't want to be viewed as taking advantage of the situation, but after negotiating a 45% discount from his asking price, I'm the proud owner of an '08 B-King with 13k miles. Came with a Power Commander, Yosh pipe, and new Dunlops. Am I dreaming...... Sleep Sleep Sleep

descriptionPinch Me - I got a B-King.... EmptyRe: Pinch Me - I got a B-King....

more_horiz
Depends on how much ;black;; ;silver;;

:wel: Cooper's Ale 4 U!

more_horiz
Nice 1 and :wel:

more_horiz
Welcome to the forum, JBKing. :wel:

Show us some pictures of your Christmas gift when you find some time. thumbs up 2

more_horiz
welcome to the b king gang

more_horiz
Starting to see more B-kings in SoCal including a turbo'd one and one with twin turbos. where in SoCal are you?

more_horiz
Sorry for the delay - busy holiday season. I picked up the bike for $3 grand! I kept waiting for the joke to be on me - but the bike is cherry. I'm in Vista - just south of Camp Pendleton. The gold Hayabusa rims arrive tomorrow 😎

more_horiz
JBKing wrote:
Sorry for the delay - busy holiday season.  I picked up the bike for $3 grand!  I kept waiting for the joke to be on me - but the bike is cherry.  I'm in Vista - just south of Camp Pendleton.  The gold Hayabusa rims arrive tomorrow 😎

Wow! that's a steal! We ride in North County all the time-Julian, Ramona, Palomar, Borrego, Mt Laguna, etc. Maybe we'll see you when we are out and about

more_horiz
3k for our bike...? This is madness. If there was such an opportunity here, where I live, I'd run there naked to buy it and have 2 b-kings in my garage.

Seriously!

There are 3 people in my household who have drivers license for motorbikes including me, so that would be just awesome.
So what is the bike's condition? Any mods? Do you have all the original parts as well?

now... Where is the pics? ;nopic; cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

more_horiz
I'm not sure I know how to post photos - trying to figure it out. I'm sorry if they're not coming through, when I have more time I will try again. If they did come through - the photo of the bike without the windshield was in the 'for sale' ad posted on Craigslist when I first saw the bike. Last night was up until 1am installing the windshield, lower Buell footpegs (courtesy of Joe Satterwhite), and modified the bar ends after removing the bar end mirrors. I also installed the mirrors you see in the photos. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I want to be able to see the FZ1s et al behind me Razz Now if I can just unload the '03 Bandit I will be able to get an updated Power Commander, eliminate the mid-pipe and emissions equipment, flash the ECU, and start buying more rear tires Very Happy

Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Jbking11
Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Jbking12
Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Jbking13
Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Jbking14
Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Jbking10

more_horiz
Congrats on the new bike. It looks like it was well taken care of. Sounds like you got a great deal on it. Sure would be nice if you could find a way to keep the Bandit too. I have a Bandit and planned to sell it when the B-King came along. Thankfully, my wife urged me to keep the Bandit. Love em both. You will find a way to do the mods to the B-King. Be safe.

more_horiz
Excellent job on posting the pictures. The bike is gorgeous. Lots of quality stuff you got there. If all that was for 3k USD... I feel envious lol thumbs up 2

Though I am not a fan of these huge screens, I understand that principle 'function over the form'. Especially if you do a lot of highway riding. cheers

more_horiz
Joshidiah wrote:
Excellent job on posting the pictures. The bike is gorgeous. Lots of quality stuff you got there. If all that was for 3k USD... I feel envious lol thumbs up 2

Though I am not a fan of these huge screens, I understand that principle 'function over the form'. Especially if you do a lot of highway riding. cheers

Same here, but...

descriptionPinch Me - I got a B-King.... EmptyV Stream

more_horiz
How do you like the screen?

descriptionPinch Me - I got a B-King.... EmptyV-stream windshield

more_horiz
I like the V-stream windshield alot.  There is definitely still some buffeting around my helmet, creating some noise, but the wind is neutral now and I'm not fighting to hang onto the bike.  I know it's probably not the sexiest looking thing, but I have had short screens on my Bandit and they just weren't effective.  The screen was a little challenging to install because the anchor bolts for the risers is on the underside of the triple clamp and there isn't much clearance to access them easily.  I was relaxed enough after 3 beers to have the patience to get them out.  I also made the mistake not routing the clutch/throttle cables outside (under and to the outside) of the bracket.  It doesn't effect the function as the cables don't bind at all, but it would have looked cleaner if I had route the cables differently.  I've the bike up to 130 mph with the screen and no issues.  It's a stoute 3mm polycarbonate and doesn't flex etc.  I also scored a used Russell "day long" seat off eBay - used but in excellent condition - and now the largest part of my body doesn't mind riding long distances  elephant  

Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Russel10
Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... Seat_c10

more_horiz
Heh Man,

Big Screen
Lowered Pegs
Big Fat Seat

Your transforming it into a Harley affraid Pinch Me - I got a B-King.... 66402

more_horiz
Wish I woulda seen that Russell Day Long seat! Had one on my ST1300 and loved it. First dibs if you decide you don't like it!

more_horiz
I really fast Harley Cool

I just got lucky with the seat. I have an alert set up on ebay so anytime new parts get listed I get a notification to my phone. I saw that pop up and bought it straight away. Never had one, but it was closer in size to my ass than the stock seat so I thought it would give it a shot. And it is really great - no more pressure on my tailbone. I have a Corbin on my Bandit 1200 and the Russell is much better - at least for me - it's all personal preference and anatomy with these things.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply