www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionHELP - Future New Owner  EmptyHELP - Future New Owner

more_horiz
Greetings all, really excited to potentially be joining the club next week. Briefly, I live in Tennessee and I’ve put a deposit down on a bike in Searcy, Arkansas. It’s easy to find on cycletrader if you wanna give some thoughts On the listing. I’m going to look at it with intention on buying Friday. Really hoped I could get some advice from everyone as far as anything to look out for with the bike. Any potential problems I should be looking for specific to the b-king before purchasing? Thanks in advance, will post updates next week.

descriptionHELP - Future New Owner  EmptyRe: HELP - Future New Owner

more_horiz
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2008-Suzuki-B-King-5006066875

Brocks full system by the looks, wonder if its got a K&N or similar airfilter to ? if it does hopefully its had a Power commander fitted and a dyno
tune to match.
Bike looks good , it should have had a couple of recalls done for the rectifier regulator.

If you can ride it first that would be best, it should be smooth as on acceleration everywhere in the rpm range no jerkiness etc (dyno would've sorted this with brocks etc) Shifting gears should be effortless as well, check oil condition on sightglass- u may have to straighten bike up to get level etc, hopefully theres servicing records.
Not much else.

Cheers Cantab

more_horiz
Yes also really wondering about the intake, I’ve seen some stuff around the internet about modding it to give the bike bigger holes to breath through. I also would expect it to have a power commander, however the salesman said he didn’t see one. Would it be possible that the ECU is flashed? Will definitely be checking the oil and taking it on a test ride, hopefully it’s been tuned well and in good running order.

more_horiz
:wel: to .org. not much go wrong with these, like said check it's had the recall done for the rectifier if not it can be done free at your suzuki dealer, and some have been know to have the clutch bolts come loose, you will hear this if it happens as the catch the engine case but again a easy fix, the info is on here they just need lock tighting back in place,

more_horiz
ECU could be flashed that would be ok with slip ons and airfilter , but to get the best a PC and dyno with a flash would be the go.
Have a look around the site for intake mods Smile

more_horiz
I’m a little bit worried as it’s got a full Brock’s exhaust on it, and the salesman said he couldnt see a powercommander on it. I assume the power commander would be under the seat if it had one?

more_horiz
I actually havnt seen one a King but id imagine it might be under the pillion seat or riders.

more_horiz
Power commander will be under pillion seat or cowl.

more_horiz
RonSwanson wrote:
I’m a little bit worried as it’s got a full Brock’s exhaust on it, and the salesman said he couldnt see a powercommander on it. I assume the power commander would be under the seat if it had one?

Im not sure why you would be worried if it didn't have a PC.

descriptionHELP - Future New Owner  EmptyNo B-King for me

more_horiz
Well bad news, I had to walk away from the bike and drive 2 hours back home. Everything was going well, bike looked VERY good for 11 years old. I hadn’t given it any thought prior to going to buy, but I just randomly thought to check the fuel tank and this is what I found:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ur3YsJP

When I brought this to the salesman and manager’s attention they ended up only coming off the price $550 (was listed $7250). SO :;sensored;: disappointed, the dream is dead. Buying a Ninja 1000 Tuesday.

more_horiz
Thats a bugger mate Sad but fair enough you dont want probable annoying fuel issues - filter/pump/injectors etc.

more_horiz
That fuel tank sure looks nasty. Is there any possibility to restore this thing?

more_horiz
The information I was reading online was pretty discouraging. Buying a “new” one was a good $300-350. But it also begs the question, what else is wrong with it? Fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors?? Just wasn’t willing to take the risk. I don’t have the time or money for that. Bought a Ninja 1000 on Tuesday, sad I’m not riding a monster, but the Ninja will be great for road trips.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply