www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew USA user EmptyNew USA user

more_horiz
Hello, all.

I got my almost new B-King last fall to replace an aging '93 VMax, and I have been thrilled with it.

Although I'm not at all the social media type, this looks like a great place to learn about the bike and get some of my own questions answered.

There is a lot here; I've got some reading to do!

descriptionNew USA user EmptyRe: New USA user

more_horiz
Welcome aboard!!

Enjoy the King - and the chat! As you say plenty to occupy you!!

Keep riding!

New USA user 340751 New USA user 804287

more_horiz
Welcome!
What state are you in, if you don't mind my asking? nj here.

more_horiz
cantwait2bking wrote:
Welcome!
What state are you in, if you don't mind my asking? nj here.

slightly drunk...... lol!

more_horiz
Michigan...(& not yet, but 5 o'clock's coming.)

more_horiz
@jaime - its 5 o'clock somewhere... Heyyy its almost 5 here Cooper's Ale 4 U!
Smile

more_horiz
:wel: and congrats on the new to you B-King.

more_horiz
Hi "badchemistry" and welcome.

Lots of good info on here,
and the SEARCH option at the top of the page works well.

Tony.J.

more_horiz
Welcome! :wel:

more_horiz
Ok, where in Michigan? I'm in Grand Rapids. Welcome aboard! Everything you ever wanted to know about the B-King is in this forum. I've heard the meaning of life is also enclosed within these treasured pages. Let me save you the time looking.

RIDE A B-KING! cheers

more_horiz
:wel: New USA user 804287

more_horiz
Welcome to the Mad House M8 New USA user 804287 New USA user 804287 New USA user 804287

more_horiz
Welcome !

more_horiz
Welcome
There is much to be learned here!

more_horiz
:wel:

more_horiz
To "applewins": I'm in Muskegon (he said as he watched his brief anonymity crumbling). I was riding out on Fruit Ridge Rd. a couple days ago; you probably know that stretch.

Here's a question: Pipe golding. My pipes have rapidly turned gold all the way back to the can. They are even getting purple/gray up by the motor. Is this normal? I see from "Mad Mick"'s icon above that he's got gold pipes, too. I have a 19 year old VMax that the chrome still looks new on. What's the deal?

more_horiz
From what I understand, high heat exposure causes the metal to oxidize when simultaneously exposed to air. This is what makes the pipes turn colors. My pipes are gold all the way up as well. Pretty standard unless you get your pipes coated or double walled. I imagine that our pipes are not thick at all, so its no surprise that they discolor.

Your vmax pipes might be double walled or coated to shield them from heat. Aftermarket pipes are sometimes made to either protect against discoloring or hide it.

I've read in some places that pipe discoloration is a sign of improper tuning (too lean or too rich of an AFR), but I've never seen an i4 bike with stock pipes that didnt blue. My r6 blued. Kawi zx6r blued. My father's old VFR 750 blued. Unless somebody suggests otherwise, I wouldnt worry.

more_horiz
Thanks for the info. Since I see you're a sportbike rider, let me ask you about chains. I was a little reluctant to go back to a chain after years of riding a shaft drive. I didn't miss the lubing, tightening, replacing, and the mess it makes on the bike from throw-off. I bought some of the Suzuki lube, figuring they must know what the bike needs, but I don't like the stuff (messy). What all should I be doing, and how much longer life will I get out of a chain if I lube it regularly vs. just leaving it be?

more_horiz
I don't profess to know much of chains:

But I do know there are some recommendations here on this site for a teflon lube that does not make a mess or fly off the chain onto the rest of the bike. Havent used it yet. I have Yamalube with no issues as long as spray is applied evenly and gently.

I lube if its been a while (hehe), like more than a month since last ride, if i've gotten caught in even a little bit of rain or a puddle, and once a month regardless if nothing else.
Lubing is pretty necessary or else the chain is subject to premature wear from metal parts grinding together and potential corrosion.

Im only 24 and haven't had a single sportbike Long enough to need a chain replacement. My first two were stolen.

Hopefully someone else can chime in here on chain care and life.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply