www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

New (UK) Member

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
finger
kerbmonkey
enigma
Joshidiah
Robbieuk
Savage
10 posters

descriptionNew (UK) Member EmptyNew (UK) Member

more_horiz
Hi

I recently took delivery of a very nice 2008 B-King with a low level Remus pipe and a number of carbon goodies attached. I'd been looking for one for a while and this just ticked all of the boxes...

I just need to remove the jack up kit so my Mrs will be a little happier on the back, oh and to fab up some rails for hard panniers (don't ask).

descriptionNew (UK) Member EmptyRe: New (UK) Member

more_horiz
:wel: and enjoy the bike

more_horiz
hey another old git riding king Very Happy welcome and be good to see you in yorkshire ??? ! picture of the bike then....

descriptionNew (UK) Member EmptyThanks for the welcomes

more_horiz
Cheers Guys - umm, what's happening in Yorkshire (and when?)

Can't seem to figure out how to get pics to work right now.... gimme a few LOL

more_horiz
Trying again for a picture:

New (UK) Member RHS

more_horiz
nice bike welcome to the forum

more_horiz
Welcome to West Country Savage from deepest Exmoor. Regarding our next weekend get together......

http://www.suzukib-king.org/t8191-official-b-king-meet-friday-21st-september-saturday-22nd-september-yorkshire

Your bike looks good, You'll soon be wanting to spend on mod's to make it your own alien

more_horiz
Welcome to the .org :wel:

The ride looks nice. It's probably hte first time I see this remus pipe - looks good.
btw. where are your front indicators? There are none in the CF powerbronze sidepods, right?

more_horiz
:wel: Savage, bet that pipe sounds nice!

more_horiz
:wel: Nice ride you got there

more_horiz
Hi & :wel:

more_horiz
ptolemyx wrote:

Your bike looks good, You'll soon be wanting to spend on mod's to make it your own alien

LOL, I'm sure you're right. There's not a lot that I think I want to do that hasn't already been done. I've changed the bars from the Renthal Drag Bars that were on it to some Superbike bars, changed the mirrors to bar end ones and that's about it for now.

It could do with an undertray but I need to fab up some brackets for hard luggage first so i can see if there's any room for a tray then.

Out of interest does anyone know if the adjustable lowering kit that Big CC sell for the 'busa will fit? If not I'll order one from the States.

more_horiz
Joshidiah wrote:
Welcome to the .org :wel:

The ride looks nice. It's probably hte first time I see this remus pipe - looks good.
btw. where are your front indicators? There are none in the CF powerbronze sidepods, right?

Indicators are in the headlight, the original running lights are gone and replaced with indicator bulbs... They're not exactly bright but they're legal (ish)

descriptionNew (UK) Member Emptypipe

more_horiz
enigma wrote:
:wel: Savage, bet that pipe sounds nice!

It definitely does, a nice rumble and a deep growl, it's a lovely sound Smile

more_horiz
Nice looking bike!

Even for a slow black one................!

Hope you can make the Yorkshire run - there is a spare bed available in a twin room still to be had.

http://www.suzukib-king.org/t8191-official-b-king-meet-friday-21st-september-saturday-22nd-september-yorkshire

Its not an expensive weekend but will be a lot of laughs with a good Yorkshire ride out too.

Look forward to meeting you

Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi savage I'm glos too if u fancy a meet up

more_horiz
Savage, regarding adjustable lowering links....

Busa is different. I've got "Soupy's Adjustable Links", bought direct from Soupy's (make allowance for customs charges - 20%). A good product at a good price and ideal for getting the rear height exactly as you want it.

http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/6755463.htm

Suggest if you lower the rear also lower the front, just lower the forks in the yokes alien

descriptionNew (UK) Member EmptyMeet

more_horiz
staffy wrote:
Hi savage I'm glos too if u fancy a meet up

Sounds good - I'll PM you my mobile. Weekends are a bit full ATM as it's biking season but could do a ride out on evening if the weather holds LOL

more_horiz
ptolemyx wrote:
Savage, regarding adjustable lowering links....

Busa is different. I've got "Soupy's Adjustable Links", bought direct from Soupy's (make allowance for customs charges - 20%). A good product at a good price and ideal for getting the rear height exactly as you want it.

http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/6755463.htm

Suggest if you lower the rear also lower the front, just lower the forks in the yokes alien

OK cool, tose are the links I was thinking of, did you manage to get away with keeping your sidestand stock after lowering (assuming you have)? I just need to bring the rear seat down a bit or my Mrs will never ride on there LOL.

It's not a big deal as I still have the Victory for trips out 2 up ;-)

more_horiz
Hi Savage and :wel: :wel: .

Hey, someone called you an "old git" earlier on. I wouldn't stand for that. Evil or Very Mad

In fact you do not qualify for that esteemed title. You need to get a few more years in yet.

It is reserved for the likes of me and one or two others on this forum. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good luck with your bike, but panniers on a King? OMG OMG OMG Rolling Eyes

Still, you are are not the only misguided soul on here. Smile All the best m8!

more_horiz
Ta

I don't mind being called an "Old Git" (I've been called a lot worse LOL) and lets face it, after 30 years of riding a bike in the UK I'm happy to have made it (almost) to that stage.

Panniers would be "nice", not by any means essential as i have a nice Victory Vegas 8 Ball with hard luggage in the garage too so I could just keep the 'king as my solo toy.

It's a shame all of the mass market mounts have to work around the OEM exhausts as when you take all of that off they look rediculous just hanging there.

I'm tempted to buy some Ventura L-Brackets as a basis and just modify them to neaten them up a bit as they don't need to route around my silencers.

Probably won't get around to it this season though so it gives me somethingt o do over the winter LOL.

I'll concentrate on spending on petrol and tyres for now LOL

more_horiz
Savage, search around the forum m8, some people have put panniers on.

more_horiz
Sidestand will only need changing if you radically lower the bike. I'm running 30mm lower at the back and 15mm lower up front and stock sidestand is still OK. Saying that, I have done a couple of adjustable lowered sidestands.....wouldn't want to do it again though, a lot of hassle and as I said the stock stand will still do the job if your lowering is no more than mine.

more_horiz
Savage, I got a set of links from this outfit, burkhartcycle.com $17.00 USD and have been running them for over a year and about 6,000 miles. No issuses, have held up just fine. I lowered the bike 1 1/2 inches and the side stand was fine, I actualy like it better now, was leaned over too much stock for my tastes. They make a good amount of stuff for Suzukis at a very fair price.

Hope this helps you,
Dave

more_horiz
Thanks Dave - I ordered a set of Soupy's adjustables in the end, I only really need to lower it to give my wife a fighting chance of getting on the back, I think it's more of a psychological barrier than anything else but she's only tiny (5') and she feels very exposed "up there" so i'll drop it a bit and see if she likes it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply