www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew forum member from Malaysia EmptyNew forum member from Malaysia

more_horiz
Hi, I'm an expat living in Malaysia and I bought my B-King in Singapore (I live about 10 mins from the border). I have been "in love with the B-King" since it came out. Years ago I tried to buy one for a big bike trip in the US (2007) but couldn't find one and ended up getting a Kawasaki ZX14 (that I still have). But when we moved from Nigeria to Singapore/Malaysia, it was finally time to get my "ultimate" bike.

I have been riding bikes since I turned 18 (well a little bit earlier but don't tell the Dutch police please) and had the following bikes :

Honda CB500Four (learned to ride on that and got my license on that)
BMW R65S (sold to a vintage bike restorer)
Suzuki GS1000 (had that for 16 years)
Yamaha FZR1000 Exup (turned that into a streetfighter and then sold it)
Honda 929 Fireblade (in New Zealand)
Suzuki GSX1400
Kawasaki ZX14
Suzuki B-King (almost 1 year now) the completely standard silver model.

In 2008 I rented a B-King for a long weekend (850 km in 3 days) and was soo impressed with its handling, power, ease of riding that I decided that looks and performance are perfect for me. I'm quite tall and can still comfortably ride it for hours and hours. But since Nigerian traffic is quite "crazy" I decided that riding a bike there wasn't the smartest thing to do so I stuck with my Range Rover (Supercharged). I still have a Range Rover as well (5.0 SC model) so you could say I'm a bit of a power junkie.

Since I worked in Singapore and we have only one car (the Range Rover is not here yet) I used the bike to commute and I must say it did REALLY well apart from overheating in the border traffic on the Singapore side. I'm not sure what caused it but maybe someone on the forum can give me some tips on how to improve the cooling capacity of the B-King. I had a radiator guard on it and I removed it but haven't been able (thankfully) to test it sitting in the border traffice with hundreds of motorbikes.

descriptionNew forum member from Malaysia EmptyRe: New forum member from Malaysia

more_horiz
:wel:

descriptionNew forum member from Malaysia EmptyRe: New forum member from Malaysia

more_horiz
hello. ukflaggif

more_horiz
Hello and welcome to our forum! cheers

more_horiz
Welcome.

more_horiz
Welcome!!!!

more_horiz
Thanks guys.

I also forgot to say, I plan to slowly turn it into a B-King black over time.

And I installed a Scottoiler on the new chain as well.

Now chasing a Micron exhaust Smile Smile Smile

more_horiz
Pretty rare pipes... Thats is going to be very hard with microns as they are out of the business and you can get them only 2nd hand.

more_horiz
I'm trying to get MaxY set to here Smile

more_horiz
Hello! Singaporean riding a black B-King here! Laughing

more_horiz
Cool, I'm just living across the border and riding a silver / black B-King with Singapore plates (bought it in November last year). Do you ever come over to Malaysia for riding here ?

more_horiz
I seldom ride up north, need somebody to show me the way around Embarassed
anyway im currently in Canada for an exchange and will be back in Singapore after christmas

more_horiz
Enjoy Canada mate, that is a brilliant place, I love it. Where in Canada are you at the moment ???

I haven't done any riding "for fun" sofar, only going to work (not anymore since the second link is now far worse for bikes than for cars). Getting the B-King (it had a bit of a hard life by the looks of things, footpeg ends broken of, generator cover has a crack and scrapes) sorted now. Ordered a new alternator/generator cover (cheap Chinese one, hope it is decent quality), Micron exhaust cans paid for and should be here in Feb (with a friend from Canada Smile Smile ). Did a service, filters/oil, chain and sprockets, Scottoiler etc.).

Next on the list is doing some beautification, blacking things out with vinyl gloss carbon wrap and some nice little bits (brake/clutch handles, steering cover, fluid reservoir covers etc.). Just giving it some TLC and removing the scars of neglect of the previous owner(s).

I also want to make a nice black (carbon gloss wrap covered) cover to hide the HID light gubbins that are now visible between the handlebars and the instrument cluster. Probably even wrap the IU (Singapore E-toll gadget). Or maybe I'm just going to remove it and make it a quick connect type thing or mount it under the pillion seat.

It will need some more covers done and other stuff but that can wait till I'm working again Smile.

Anyway, the bike is now more for fun (and I plan to keep this one for a LONG time, maybe "forever") than going to work so the TLC is definitely worth it.

more_horiz
welcome

more_horiz
Wow! thats alot of things to do mate!

Im currently in Oshawa, Ontario. Very Happy
Missing my king badly that is still in Singapore Neutral
If only I could ride around in Canada as well Laughing

more_horiz
Thanks 1300rr !!!  Your King sounds very interesting with all the mods Smile

mk88 I know what you mean, when I was in Nigeria I really missed riding bikes (nearly bought a B-King there but price way too high) because of the terrible traffic/driving and bad roads.

Well at least you get to ride over X-mas Wink

more_horiz
hi ebajema,

where are you located?

mk88 you need a guide up north... its my pleasure to show around..

more_horiz
Hi Joe, I'm living in Nusajaya Johor. When I am coming up North I will most certainly let you know. Where are you living ??

more_horiz
I am at the central, living in seremban. Its just 2 hours ride with the king, still enough to squeeze in a coffee and cig break ..

Ring me up if u r coming, i'd the same if i'm going down south

more_horiz
Cool. Very Happy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply