www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

Getting my B King tommorrow

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionGetting my B King tommorrow  EmptyGetting my B King tommorrow

more_horiz
Hello from Choctaw Oklahoma ... new owner getting my king tomorrow, 23000 miles and I am some happy. anything I need to check out before I hand over my hard cash ? its not perfect got some scars just like me, glad to be here,

descriptionGetting my B King tommorrow  EmptyRe: Getting my B King tommorrow

more_horiz
:wel: to .org. there was a recall on the rectifier ,check that's been done and that's about it enjoy Getting my B King tommorrow  804287

more_horiz
Hello and welcome :wel: ,

Just check it visually before you jump on the bike and make sure nothing worries you. If the bike has minor scratches, check how much money you will have put into buffing them out or painting the parts because the replacements from Suzi are not cheap. If the plastic bits happen to be cracked, I know a company from Poland (no worries, they speak English and they ship worldwide) will make you a fiberglass copy, unpainted though thumbs up 2

Basic stuff like tires and brake pads will tell you if the bike has been ridden hard. Also, ask about the replacement of the fluids and oil in the forks (possibly written in the service book).

I don't remember our bikes to ever have anything malfunctioning besides the Suzi service recalls for our rectifiers - this is also the first thing to ask, whether the previous owner has had it replaced.

If the bike is modded in any way, I would advise you to ask for the OEM parts as well - I presonally would like to have the opportunity to revert back to stock or at least turn the bike stock before considering it's further resale.

I guess our veteran bikers will chime in to add their 0.2 in this matter.

Enjoy your stay thumbs up 2
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

descriptionGetting my B King tommorrow  Emptybking

more_horiz
The bikes at a dealership here,  he is checking about the rectifier part to see if its been done, bike has one crack in the carbon fiber looking side fairing which I can fix so that's no big deal,  couple of other small scratches that I ll fix with some rubbing compound and touch up paint, tires are new Michelin power pilots , chain and sprockets are fine, bike is really pretty clean. price is 5000 out the door ?   that don't seam to bad is it ?  if the rectifier recall has not been done can it still be done on Suzukis money ?  I really want the bike but if its not worth it then I ll pass and keep looking,  I ve waited this long can wait longer its gonna be cold here soon anyway... cant get a picture to load . bike has a Bos Bros exhaust. tail light with the turn signals built in. tiddy tail fender kit. bar end mirrors. stock parts are not there, 23000 miles ,, I ve never bought a bike with that many miles but its cool with me, should be good for lots more the way I ride now, dealer just called while I was typing this and told me that the bike has had the rectifier part recall done too. 5 grand about right for it ?

more_horiz
after looking at some pictures here this bike is a different color and stuff, its a charcoal color and carbon fiber side panels beside the tank, swing arm is silver , and has silver on the front fender, I ll have my son post some pictures when he gets home, he is a computer person, me ? not so much

more_horiz
If its the same colour as the first King up there ^^^^^^^it'll be original paint thumbs up 2

more_horiz
where it has silver on the tank . mine has carbon fiber ? pictures coming soon. is 5000 bucks a good or ok price ? hope so I am pumped and paying that, Getting my B King tommorrow  786369

more_horiz
Yes mate rectifier can be done free by a Suzuki dealership

more_horiz
Personal choice with carbon or may have been knocked off side stand and replaced with CF.

Whats on offer in NZ atm...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1188738085.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1192869648.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1195256991.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1178465844.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1135479838.htm

And what im trying to sell to fund a King..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1149979058.htm

Cantab

more_horiz
$5000 US sounds ok to me considering what they're asking down this part of the world Sad

more_horiz
Getting my B King tommorrow  QiDp5yo

Getting my B King tommorrow  DNO2KqX

Getting my B King tommorrow  ELWNpcB

more_horiz
looks alright Very Happy Very Happy

more_horiz
Looks very good. I like that CF bits, although the stock silver side scoops make the bike look bigger than it is.

Have you had an opportunity to start up the bike? That exhaust will be loud. Very... loud.

descriptionGetting my B King tommorrow  EmptyKing is home..F-1 LIGHT is on ??????

more_horiz
Got it home and then F-1 light is on. I thought it needed gas when I picked it up with a trailer, so I stopped and filled it up with gas only 2.00 dollars worth. unload it start it up and this F-1 light is on. rode it around the block and its a blast, runs great , runs awesome but what is this red F-1 light for and mean ??? thanks TJ

more_horiz
Your bike has an aftermarket exhaust which eliminates the catalyctic converter, so it may throw you the FI code because of it. Does your bike have a power commander or has it been ECU flashed/dynoed after the installation of the exhaust?

You may be interested in this thread:

http://www.suzukib-king.org/t11251-new-to-the-forum-fi-problem

Be sure to read through it before taking any actions study thumbs up 2

more_horiz
it does have a power commander , don't know about anything else and the salesman didn't either, the F1 light was on when I picked it up and we both though fuel was low, I filled it up when I was close to home so it wont have any ethanol gas in it. when I got it off the trailer and fired it up the light is still on...I looked in the search and noticed the cat delete part I guess its called. I do hear a whirling sound from under the tank while its running also ?? I am also searching on here and seen some info about it on you tube. Thank you very much for the help. I was told to bring it back if I had any trouble, But its over 100 miles and I aint giving up my bike

more_horiz
It is fixable for sure.

One of our friends here - Brian, has also had a problem with the FI light and he called the DunoJet themselves.

Here is the post where you can get the phone number to the tech guy:
http://www.suzukib-king.org/t12255-contacting-the-dyno-jet-company

Getting my B King tommorrow  804287

more_horiz
many thanks, My son works with a guy that rides a ZX-10 that had the same problem . I ll get it worked out and fixed . looks like a wire can be pulled or a metal bowtie thing will trick it ???? I am gonna do what is best and ask for help, I would hate to hurt my King,

more_horiz
Highwayflyer wrote:
many thanks,  My son works with a guy that rides a ZX-10 that had the same problem .  I ll get it worked out and fixed .  looks like a wire can be pulled or a metal bowtie thing will trick it ????    I am gonna do what is best and ask for help, I would hate to hurt my King,

Yup, don't give up. Try them DynoJet guys - they are awesome. Getting my B King tommorrow  804287 cheers
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

more_horiz
Hey YaaBow, nobody is perfect , he showed me how to put the kickstand up, where the clutch thing is, how to put the key in the slot deal. how to move the things that show whats behind me, mirrors I think he said they were, kicked the back tire so I would know its rubber,where the front brake pull to stop is, but I aint gonna use it cause he said I would do a stopper and go over the turn bars , showed me how to put the thing by where you keep your feet in the right gear to go, told me it has 6 forward go gears, a button to push if I wanna turn so I don't have to remove my hands from the rubber bar end things, grips I believe ? he said it get 100 MPG so the gas was fine as long as I turn it off when going down the hills, told me it has a life time chain too, that's what sold me on it, But the real selling point was when he told me about the great bunch of B-King people who love to ride and will help me with some questions, except one guy named YAAbow, because that guy just wants to smell everyones seats, and if I hear from him to just tell him to KISS MY ASS

more_horiz
you sure know how to rub members up the wrong way Yaabow

more_horiz
Highwayflyer, forget Yaabow and lets focus on what is important now. What is the current situation? Have you tried to contact DynoJet?

more_horiz
Nope. BUT I did take it to a guy we know here that can dyno tune and lots of stuff, he has a turbo busa . his brother knows many people that know me,  he put it on his dyno and did a first run, it pulled hard to 143 mph  and 138 hp then feel off. he told me that Suzuki has them tuned like a kitten. he started doing his thing, what a rush it was to watch, he would tweak and move stuff around on his laptop and go again, he put in more timing,fuel turned off the top speed limiter , and I don't know what all else, it made 188 horsepower, and is way way more responsive, he said its got more too,and wants me to bring it back soon, he turned the red FI light out also but it came back on, he told me I ll need a servo buddy which the dealership I bought it from is gonna send me . and then bring it back he will put it on for me and turn its wick up somemore,  happy  HELL YEAH I am happy,  SAD ?  yeah it rained on me and my son all the way home,  If anyone around Oklahoma needs a tune or turbo work let me know,  this guy is super nice and one heck of a guy,  they even have a bike mounted to a trailer to practice riding wheelies on,  I posted a video of him doing my tune on the face book.  my bike screams now,  thanks for everyone help,,,even you Yaabow, I ll buy you a brew someday.  then we can thumb wrestle

Getting my B King tommorrow  NtDQdaE

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply