www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionLooking at Joining the B-King club EmptyLooking at Joining the B-King club

more_horiz
Hi all,

I have been out of the saddle for 12 years now. Last bike was a Yamaha XJR1300Sp bought new in 2000 and sold in 2005.

I saw the B-King when it was shown as a concept bike in 2001 but I reckoned it would never come out, like most concepts, or at least if it did, it would be very watered down in the looks department.

I called at Sherburn in Elmet one day and there was a Suzuki PR team there with a 40 foot trailer with a fold out stage and the usual lycra clad girls dancing around. They were showing off new bikes and I was looking at the GSX1400 that they'd brought. One of the Suzuki chaps asked me what I had already, so I told him I had an XJR, and he insisted that I test ride the GSX.... No thanks mate, I prefer the XJR for looks. Anyway, I would have bought the B-King if it actually existed. He then said, "Watch this space"! I told him yeah, right. But he told me again, "It's coming out, just wait".

Well, I had sold up by the time it did come out, and then found myself in a position with few spare finances (and we all know that Bikes are toys for nice days). I was gutted that I couldn't afford and I have pined for one for the last 9 or so years.

Anyway, the good news is that I have changed careers, and I now drive HGV's and get paid a decent wage, with a good tax rebate this coming month due to being self employed for 9.5 years. Now just trying to work out how to go about purchasing one and also looking for some help in making the right choice.

Looked at one yesterday and the dealer wanted £6500 for an 09 plate. It was tidy, but needed a little bit doing. Air pod was holding off a wee from the tank as it tapers in to the seat area. Paintwork just had a couple of minor blemishes, but my lad is a sprayer and thinks I need to let him do a custom job on it anyway.

Pros and cons? What are they?

What do I need to look out for when buying?

How much should I realistically pay for one (dealer/Private)?

How reliable are they to own?

How often do they wear out the rear tyre (I am now older and plan on being sensible)?

Cheers people,
Tim

descriptionLooking at Joining the B-King club EmptyRe: Looking at Joining the B-King club

more_horiz
:wel: to .org.

descriptionLooking at Joining the B-King club Emptyget it

more_horiz
Hi Tim, I have had a B-King since 2013, super reliable. I paid about $8K USD in North Carolina for it and trucked it back to DC where I live. It's very nimble, surprisingly so, very powerful, in the city I rarely need more than 3rd gear if that even... it's something you have pined for? then get it... do the financial research and see what others have paid or are asking, and if the bike is in the right bracket in terms of mileage/wear&tear/etc.. get it man.... life is all about choices. I really don't see how you can go wrong...

XJRTim wrote:
Hi all,

I have been out of the saddle for 12 years now. Last bike was a Yamaha XJR1300Sp bought new in 2000 and sold in 2005.

I saw the B-King when it was shown as a concept bike in 2001 but I reckoned it would never come out, like most concepts, or at least if it did, it would be very watered down in the looks department.

I called at Sherburn in Elmet one day and there was a Suzuki PR team there with a 40 foot trailer with a fold out stage and the usual lycra clad girls dancing around. They were showing off new bikes and I was looking at the GSX1400 that they'd brought. One of the Suzuki chaps asked me what I had already, so I told him I had an XJR, and he insisted that I test ride the GSX.... No thanks mate, I prefer the XJR for looks. Anyway, I would have bought the B-King if it actually existed. He then said, "Watch this space"! I told him yeah, right. But he told me again, "It's coming out, just wait".

Well, I had sold up by the time it did come out, and then found myself in a position with few spare finances (and we all know that Bikes are toys for nice days). I was gutted that I couldn't afford and I have pined for one for the last 9 or so years.

Anyway, the good news is that I have changed careers, and I now drive HGV's and get paid a decent wage, with a good tax rebate this coming month due to being self employed for 9.5 years. Now just trying to work out how to go about purchasing one and also looking for some help in making the right choice.

Looked at one yesterday and the dealer wanted £6500 for an 09 plate. It was tidy, but needed a little bit doing. Air pod was holding off a wee from the tank as it tapers in to the seat area. Paintwork just had a couple of minor blemishes, but my lad is a sprayer and thinks I need to let him do a custom job on it anyway.

Pros and cons? What are they?

What do I need to look out for when buying?

How much should I realistically pay for one (dealer/Private)?

How reliable are they to own?

How often do they wear out the rear tyre (I am now older and plan on being sensible)?

Cheers people,
Tim

descriptionLooking at Joining the B-King club EmptyRe: Looking at Joining the B-King club

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply