www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew Member from UK Cambridgeshire EmptyNew Member from UK Cambridgeshire

more_horiz
Hi all,

I've recently bought myself a 2009 B King. Simply put, couldn't be having more fun. Very Happy

Ive been riding for 14yrs. Having had CBR600, TL1000R, ZX9R, R1, GSXR K1 1000 and now the King.

I will work out how to upload an image and put one up.

I do have a question, in removing the CAT and the exhaust valve, will this trigger the Fi light? If so does anyone know how to/which wires to remove out the ECU? confused

Thanks

Greg

descriptionNew Member from UK Cambridgeshire EmptyRe: New Member from UK Cambridgeshire

more_horiz
welcome to the forum bikesnaggler! from sunny chorley :wel:
i'm sure some one will throw a helpful comment at you ( you should be ok with the cat but the exhaust valve will throw a code triggering the fi light) there is a link on here if you go throught the search box, sorry for not giving a definitive answer .

descriptionNew Member from UK Cambridgeshire EmptyRe: New Member from UK Cambridgeshire

more_horiz
Welcome to a pretty exclusive ownership and future classic scooter.

more_horiz
Welcome bikesnaggler to the Mad House
enjoy the beast.

more_horiz
welcome to the forum

more_horiz
Cheers for all the welcomes.

I am so far loving the new beast.

more_horiz
Welcome to a pretty exclusive ownership and future classic scooter

scooter ??? damn fast scooter New Member from UK Cambridgeshire 113231

welcome, get yourself a log box and wiring loom, then do what peeps on here have been doing, take cat out, exup valve out, pairs valve out then autotune and welcome to starship b king

stevo

ps, just sold a Gixxer thou, Ducati 996SPS, yamaha R1 2007, in fact ive had nearly every bike made except bimotas and old british stuff and this is the best bike ive had out of all of them.

more_horiz
Welcome and enjoy.... be aware the MOT rules are changing soon on bikes so i have been told if youre bike was born with a cat the emmissions which are on your registration doc will be tested for missing a cat will fail the MOT... not sure when this will come in but soon i'd suspect.. to be honest removing it doesn't make that much difference on the King ... the bike is just raw power... my mate Taz can de restrict the ECU via posting the ECU to him charges £63 i think it is... http://www.swautoservices.com/
Very Happy

more_horiz
Regarding the catalytic converter. If, when emmissions testing becomes part of the bike m.o.t. then it's likely to just measure the CO2 (which is what is noted in your registration document). I understand that the cat has little or no effect on CO2 emissions; it deals with unburnt hydrocarbons and other gasses, NO2 etc.

The cat seems to stifle about 8bhp which is a lot more than any silencer will give you (all when the fuellings readjusted after any changes)....at least that's my dyno proven experience.....

Air filter = insignificant
Airbox mod = about 5bhp
Freer flowing silencer = about 5bhp
Decatting = about 8bhp

That'll take you from 160-165bhp up to about 185bhp

Then Brocks Alien Head exhaust headers (bigger bore than stock) should give about another 5bhp.......if you then want more tear the engine apart and get it EXPENSIVELY worked on......

more_horiz
ptolemyx wrote:
Regarding the catalytic converter. If, when emmissions testing becomes part of the bike m.o.t. then it's likely to just measure the CO2 (which is what is noted in your registration document). I understand that the cat has little or no effect on CO2 emissions; it deals with unburnt hydrocarbons and other gasses, NO2 etc.

The cat seems to stifle about 8bhp which is a lot more than any silencer will give you (all when the fuellings readjusted after any changes)....at least that's my dyno proven experience.....

Air filter = insignificant
Airbox mod = about 5bhp
Freer flowing silencer = about 5bhp
Decatting = about 8bhp

That'll take you from 160-165bhp up to about 185bhp

Then Brocks Alien Head exhaust headers (bigger bore than stock) should give about another 5bhp.......if you then want more tear the engine apart and get it EXPENSIVELY worked on......

Well so far its got Yoshi Pipes, K&N filter and Xtre. But seems odd that in 1st & 2nd gear it will only rev upto Just over 9k and not the redline. Any ideas?

What is the airbox mod?
Is the Brocks Alien head pipes UK or import only and will that come with the decat pipe do you know?

I dont want to get as much out of it with out engine work as that will make my warranty invalid. Very Happy

more_horiz
ptolemyx wrote:

why and there fores unknown to me just that Taz has just had an updates on what is coming our way as he is a MOT tester, and yes cats on bikes which is part of the original if missing will change the test and fail the bike.. in the long run can any one honestly say the bking needs to bin it for the power... Very Happy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply